0 Mouthpiece pressure

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anthony, Mar 19, 2012.

1. tpsiebs

tpsiebs Piano User

Feb 6, 2010
    Randolph, New Jersey
    The A.P.E. by Warburton is a buzzing trainer that uses negative feedback when there is too much pressure (determined by a spring) against the lips. It is interesting - I am not endorsing or condemning. I must not use a lot of pressure to begin with because I almost never depressed the spring. Regardless, it is a tool that let's you know when/if you're pressing too hard.

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Have you used one? It looks interesting.

3. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Cool. A thread that didn't go nutsy.

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    HA HA !! We're only 24 post's in! It could still happen! ROFL

5. jengstrom

jengstrom Pianissimo User

Oct 17, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    What an analogy! I don't often laugh out loud in the literal sense when reading, but I did here. Thanks, Rowuk.

Next time my chops crap out early during a concert, I'm gonna tell my stand partner I need better crapping habits, just to see the look in his face. (Shoot, I'm still laughing as I type this.)

-John

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    We aim to please! Actually, this is really how it works. Life is quite humorous when we get an out of the box perspective. It also makes it easier to keep the tougher times in perspective!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Talk about out of the box... The last time I saw the saying "We aim to please" it was posted as a sing in the mens room at a local club. Actually the full signage said:

We aim to please

So you too aim, please

Sorry to come wee wee of topic here from the thread, but there was a loose connection to rowuk's comment: "Our Moderator" [I said this with my hand over the heart the time]