1,001 Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by screamingmorris, May 16, 2008.

1. Robert Rowe

Robert Rowe Mezzo Piano User

Dec 24, 2004

Almost, John ....

"Pray for whirled peeves ..."

~ Namaste ....
    Yogi Robt

2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Why, (how) did I know that would be the next post? :-)

3. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan

Thanks Veery much, Veery. Will try that out.

4. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    I pretty much agree with Robert. A person will be able to adapt to any horn they have. I still have the horn they gave me when I was 12, and when I wanted to get a cornet, I bought the same model.

That I still suck is just evidence that it takes years to play this instrument, and 3 years comeback ain't nothin'.

Tom

5. Mark Bradley

Mark Bradley Pianissimo User

Jan 16, 2007
    Kansas City
    My pet peeve is people that warm up... and continue to make it a practice, on the bandstand in a performance setting. Different subject I guess...

6. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan

Not really, Mark. I know what you mean. I have heard many aggravating "warm-ups" over the years , sometimes over and over when you set near the same people for years! In fairness, most of us can be fair game for other's sensitivities, but at a performance all warm up, other than perfunctory noodling should be done off stage.

7. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    speaking of warming up, why is it that some drummers insist on warming up much lomger than any horn player.
    ? Dave

8. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I, too get very annoyed by people who warm up on the bandstand (usually to show off), especially if they have no chops to play the show afterwards! I also get annoyed by cocky jerks who think they can't be replaced (they always are)! I have a new pet peeve lately, though - the stupid spammers trying to sell phones by posting all through this site! Like we'd EVER buy from them when they pollute our site with all this garbage!!! Trumpeters, unite and block spam! Report all these unwanted posts to the administrator!

9. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    There is a thread title for you! Sometimes the subsequent posts to any thead (this one, for example), seem to deteriorate into exactly that (I guess even this very post)!
    Maybe if one of us were to initiate a thread so named, it could serve as a repository for those posts in other threads which are tangential or just innocent humorous drivel, as it has become completely apparent to me that trumpet players are incapable of maintaining anything even remotely resembling a serious discussion for more than what amounts to a very short attention span.

This is good as we all know the last thing the world needs is bunch of overly serious trumpeters. But it is SO hard to play with one's tongue in one's cheek.

10. Robert Rowe

Robert Rowe Mezzo Piano User

Dec 24, 2004
    "All we are saying ... is give peeves a chance". -- John Lennon (I think)

~ Namaste ....
    Yogi Robt