1 Month. Maybe time for a doctor?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DLP08, Nov 27, 2007.

1. DLP08

DLP08 New Friend

Sep 2, 2007
    thanks! I can do that.

and about the violinist...

sorry ><

2. DLP08

DLP08 New Friend

Sep 2, 2007
    UPDATE:

Went to my doctor and he put me on some meds, as well as told me to apply hot moist pressure of some sort to the sore evey chance I get.

10 days is estimated recovery time. If after the 10 it isn't gone I go back for minor surgery. I'm scared surgery will be terrible on the muscle though.

This absolutely blows...I have all-county as well as numerous college scholarship auditions coming up :dontknow:

But I must say thanks TM! If I didn't go see my doctor it would be there for much longer than a month!

-David

3. confuoco

confuoco Pianissimo User

Nov 11, 2007
    Always see a Doctor. The net is not a good place for advice when it comes to your health

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    There is no "muscle tissue" in the lips, so you have nothing to worry about there.
    You didn't mention if this is a cyst or just an internal infection. Judging from the doctors advice, it sounds like an infection. Should heal OK.

5. DLP08

DLP08 New Friend

Sep 2, 2007
    At first he did say infection. Problem is, while the outside has healed well over the past few days, the inside is still swollen and I cant play. The pain is inside the lip. He said after 2-3 more days if the inside of my lip is still messed up to go back in again and we'll go from there. Probable surgery he said. He said it happens quite a bit, (just not always on the lip) and the surgery is hardly a big deal.

No muscle tissue in the lip eh? Cool! lol