12 blues backing tracks

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mevenden, May 26, 2008.

1. mevenden

mevenden New Friend

Apr 20, 2008
    london, uk
    I would be grateful if anyone out there new any good 12 bar blues backing tracks? Classic, chicargo, and or gritty. Just wondering?

thanks

M

2. commakozzi

commakozzi Pianissimo User

Oct 30, 2007
    Georgia, USA
    I believe that Aebersold Volumes 1 and 2 have some good examples for you. I learned on those two volumes. You could also check out Volume 42, but I've never used it. Sounds like it could be good though.

3. dlewis

dlewis Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    RANDALLSTOWN MARYLAND
    Buy band in the box worth the money

4. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
  5. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
  6. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
  7. Johnny Londinium

Johnny Londinium New Friend

May 29, 2008
    Salt Lake City
    This is my first post here, so hello everyone!

I'm a music teacher (piano, guitar and voice) and one of my specialities (or what I love the most!) is teaching improvisation.

This is a bit of a plug (and I hope I don't offend any of you guys and girls) but I have a blues backing track website that I've just finished. There are 14 blues backing tracks, each in different keys, styles and tempi - you can download/listen to some examples of horn solos over the recordings there. It's a really simple site - I'm a better musician than I am web designer, honest!

I basically wrote the blues tracks so I can free-form teach improvisation in my lessons - the tracks average 20 minutes and provide a great backdrop for teaching the blues!

There are some more horn friendly keys in there, but even so - some of you guys might like to play over the F# blues!

You can let me know direct if you want to sample 3 minute versions of the tracks... :-)

Sorry again if I've offended anyone with this 'plug' but Mevenden, and anyone else, I hope you enjoy the backing tracks - I made them for students and teachers alike!

All the best

Johnny
    Blues Backing Tracks