12 MINERS ALIVE!!!!!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Solar Bell, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Gee, I guess the media will have to print a bit of good news for a change. Thank G-d they made it. There was a picture of one of the wives of the miners that almost brought me to tears when everybody was reporting that there was little hope of bringing them out alive. Glad they were wrong.

ML

3. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
  4. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I guess that it is good that at least one person survived.

Liad Bar-EL

5. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    It now turns out that the early reports were inaccurate.

They are now saying that only one person survived the explosion.

What a heartbreak that must have been, riding that emotional roller coaster, for the loved ones to have had to endure.

Tom

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Those poor families...this is really sad. Amazing it doesn't happen more often.

ML

7. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    Someone's going to get hung for that bit of wrong information.

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    A total tragedy; what the military would call a "clusterf**k".

I was watching one of CNN's talking heads interviewing a person while they waited at the Church last night. I observed that at one point she asked the local "and where did you hear this from?". He responded with words to the effect that "I got my information from you people." (In other words, the media). At the end of the interview, this IDIOT announcer who obviously doesn't know the first thing about verification of facts then turns to the studio announcer with "There you have it, a second confirmation!".

In other words, the media were "confirming" their own rumours.

IDIOTS! If they'd taken the basic journalism course in high school (that went along with spelling, grammer, and composition) that I had to take then they'd KNOW how to verify and confirm.

I suppose if one is going to get ANY positive out of this (other than the first group who escaped and the sole survivor) it's going to be improved procedures for ensuring adequate ventilation during mine shutdowns and that should help prevent the next potential fatality.

And....they absolutely MUST learn to set up proper communications between the incident managers and the media so that the IDIOTS (meaning "media") can keep their own feet out of their mouths.

9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Aw geez......this is just awful. I can't bare to see the photos of the families crying in pain. What a cruel joke the irresponsible media played. No, I am sure it was not intentional, but it was cruel. All of you stated the reasons why. They need to fix a lot of things.