14 Grand Bach Strad

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MSfortissimo, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Somebody must have thought such a Stradivarius was a violin played by Bach whose name wasn't Vincent for such a price

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    My friend, you just made a funny! With my penchant for turning folly into ridicule I will name the optimistic seller of said Strad.........Vincent Price!

3. whyit

whyit New Friend

Aug 12, 2012
    Corona CA
    Ok guys, so I am a little bit twisted I guess and couldn't help myself. So I sent the seller an e-mail. Here are the contents. Do with it what you like. And I cant wait to catch hell for being a jerk. HI,
    I am curious about the trumpet for sale. Is it pre or post strike. And what makes it so special? Is it signed by someone? What kind of work has been done to it? Please e-mail me with more details so I can make you a fair offer. Thank you for your time, Sincerly, Wyatt.Delete Reply Reply All Forward Move Actions Next Previous
    Here is the response:

It was my son's. We bought it for $1200. It's silver. I was looking at comparable prices on the internet.

You would have to look at the trumpet to make a decision. Sorry I'm not more help, I don't know anything about trumpets. Except that this one is in excellent condition.

Thanks

4. Conntribution

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Well, I figured it was a typo. But, hell. We all had fun playing along, didn't we?

5. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    That only makes me more confused about the current asking price.

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Economic inflation!!!!!

7. Conntribution

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Well, Sir. I was gonna say ego inflation until Brother whyit took upon himself the task of discovering the truth. At least we know where the decimals should be...

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    That's ghoulish, but Vincent Price is/was a collector of fine antiquiaries, but even he wouldn't "bite" on this one (if he's still alive ???) As a youth I got chills from his horror movies ... and this deal gives me a chill also.