1910 recital

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by davidjohnson, May 31, 2006.

1. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    manny, wilmer, ed:

i'm researching a 1910 recital presented at the 'henry opera house' in smithville, arkansas on feb. 9 of that year.

what would 'twitting of birds' by bellini be?
    ...and, as written on the program...
    trio - tancred - DeRossini ?

only one selection (different) on the recital is specified as vocal, so i assume these i've named were piano or piano and ???

i also have pictures of the performers' instructor and her little brother (w/cornet). this is all leading up to a project for next school year centered on recreating that recital, since it was here in my county, & i believe i can get grant money for some instruments for my students. since none of the recital's selections are instrument-specific on the program, i plan on letting one of the students present a tune on cornet...of course, grant $$ will have to used to get one :D , as well as a cello (indicated in a photo) heh heh heh.

appreciate any help in identifying the tunes i asked about. i wonder if they're in the back of the old arban?

thanx
    dj

2. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    David,

I'm sure that Tancred(i) was a Rossini opera based on the poem 'Jerusalem Delivered' . I don't know the specifics though or if their is a 'trio'.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Trevor

Apologies Manny. I'm into the crusades at the moment and full of useful(less) information bursting to find a home.

3. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    thanx. right now, everything helps.

dj :-)