1953? 12B help...Newbie here :)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sherri, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Sherri

Sherri New Friend

Sep 16, 2010
    Hello!

My husband and I have a Trumpet that has been in its case in storage for many many years :-o.

I will first give the stats that I have been able to find on it and then ask if it has been wrecked!

I am just learning the names of the 'parts'...well learning a little, so bear
    with me OK?

I know that it is a 12B (upper case B, I have seen photos of those with lower case b and I don't know what kind of difference that makes).

Likely made in 1953? The # is 411,404. I know someone here will know better!

If the pics load correctly you will see a couple of things that greatly concern me;

For some unknown reason the curved pipe where the tuning slide is...is on upside down! ???

Also there is a little brass attachment with a screw that is likely for a student to screw a sheet music holder into it. I would guess that must decrease its value?

I unpacked the trumpet to see if our 11yo son would be interested in learning to play it. I want to know more about it first, so if you can help me out with possible value, if it would be good for a first time instrument for a child etc. I will be ever so grateful!

Thank you and forgive the length of this post.
    Sherri

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  2. keehun

keehun Piano User

Feb 4, 2010
    Minnesota
  3. Sherri

Sherri New Friend

Sep 16, 2010
    Got a few photos up........

Thanks Keehun:-)

I have them on Photobucket but I believe the problem is with my computer...New and Windows 7....when trying to upload I get the pop up page that I am not connected. *sigh*.

I will keep working on it!
    Thank you again,
    Sherri

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010