2.6 GPA!! what's wrong with me?!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Lazorphaze, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    AGH!!!!!
    I HAVE A FREAKING 2.6 GPA!!
    LAST YEAR IT WAS LIKE 3.5!!!

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Less time on the 'net, more time in the books, Grasshopper. "Priorities"

3. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Tutoring is a very good way to improve. Balancing studying with fun is also a big part. Don't overbalance, or you'll either lose your mind or any chance of scholarship.

I graduated with a 2.6. Of course, I would have been able to have a hell of a lot more options with my future if I had had a higher GPA, but I'm truthfully happy with how things worked out...... Of course, I also had an ACT of 27, and colleges in the southeastern region usually will look at ACT over GPA. I guess I have pretty good luck...

4. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

I have been at 3.2 GPA and that was better what I got 1st semester last year...

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    You probably just had harder classes, combined with less time for study due to some "other" activities like playing horn. Or, did you get a significant other in the last year or so? That will do it every time.

Don't dispair, just set a goal for yourself to hit 3.0 this time. (or higher, but make it realistic)

6. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    i would say dont worry about your GPA, instead give 100% to everything you do. do that and your GPA will be fine.

7. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    [​IMG]

8. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    LP, come on, we've discussed this. I had a 1.6 my first semester at A&M. Let's let that one sink in a little-1.6. I was on probation, and dangerously close to failing out of A&M (which consequently would probably have led to either a suicide or homicide, depending on who reached the gun first, me or my parents). Next semester, I worked my butt off, studied, and realized that 1)I could do it, and 2) I would do it. I came out with a 3.7, which saved my can in a BIG way. Right now I'm carrying a 3.2 (I think it will come up some, though, my tests have been pretty good). Don't sweat it right now. Shoot, you're in High School, your classes last a whole year, you don't even have midterms yet.

9. Par-None

Par-None New Friend

Oct 23, 2004
    Are you trying to brag? If so, I've got you all beat (so far...unless someone is more of a sap than me).

My first semester in college I was gung-ho, 3.5 GPA. I was happy, my parentals were proud, etc. I was a nerd.

2nd semester I discovered that being cool was cooler than being a nerd. Beer, fun herbs, female types and ping-pong were my priorities (not neccessarily in that order). I was ping-pong champion of intramurals, I was tanked and fried almost every night but still didn't end with many of the fairer by my side. I may not have acted like a nerd but apparently I still looked like one. Oh well, nothing I could do about that.

Anyway...

My 2nd semester GPA was a 0.48 which brought my cumulative down to a 1.2! It took 4 more years of studying me arse off to get it back up so I could graduate at 3.12.

A 2.6 is nothing to worry about, just buckle down a little more and you'll be fine. Notice I said "a little" more. You're in college laddie, have fun! Just find a nice balance pointe between the many.

10. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    HS, not college. and noticed i posted this awhile ago. now my GPA is less sucky.