2-day waiting period prior to your first post/

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bandman, Jul 19, 2005.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I suggest a 2-day waiting period on a persons first post. I say this because people who come here just to start trouble (as happened on the Mexico hurricane thread I started the other day in the lounge) would not stick around. They wanted an immediate response to their stupidity. They got what they wanted and they enjoyed the attention they got from their childish behavior.

It someone really loves the trumpet and loves music they would sign up and read posts for 2 days and then start posting.

I want to apolgize for the idiots that ruined that thread. I had no idea that someone would come in and start posting just to start an arguement. If I had any clue the trolls would have come out of the woods I would have never started that thread. (By the way -- I have heard from them all and they are okay. They will be flying home tomorrow morning safe and sound!)

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I don't know that a 2 day wait period would help... might be too much of a deterrent to legitimate new members. I do think that perhaps the "critters" should have been blocked sooner or had their posts wiped.

In fact, now that the timeliness of the thread is out of the way and all are safe-and-sound perhaps the entire thread could disappear? (Maybe that should happen to all non-trumpet threads after a period of time... give us a chance to do it all over again every year or so!!) :-)

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I'm sorry those of you that had friends in harm's way had to have your good thoughts and prayers distracted by the cheap, self-aggrandisement of fools, foul-mouthed ones at that.

ML

4. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    While we're at it, I would like to take a moment to appologize for some of my actions and comments in that thread. I was worried about my friend and scared that something could have happend. I may have said some things that came off as a litle immature, now that everything has settled down and everyone is safe I just want to appologize if I offended anyone by the things that I said in the heat of the moment.

Sorry.

5. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    WOW!!! I've never seen that many trolls in a thread. However, the steel cage sure has a purpose here, but I might suggest in the future that a duplicate thread be posted in the steel cage and troll posts be moderated back in the lounge closely. Then again, who can watch this site 24/7? :shock: