WTS: 2 trumpets for sale/ trade

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by Comet1995, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Comet1995

Comet1995 Pianissimo User

Aug 4, 2014
    Liberty MO
    I've got a Silver plated Kanstul Burbank with the number 3 bell and a vintage King Liberty trumpet.
    The Kanstul has good compression and the pistons all have good tolerances. The silver plate is all there, except for a patch that got done on the 2nd slide. All of the slides move beautifully. There are a few dings and the bell flair has had a some work done during its life. Its a very bright horn and I think it would fit well in the hands of a lead player.

The king liberty is a really cool horn. I Rebuilt this trumpet myself actually. I installed a pilczuk lead pipe and fabricated a new tuning slide and tuning slide tubes. It also has olds style lead pipe to bell braces. I did a brush finish on the horn and clear polished brass on the inside of the bell. It has good compression and the pistons move really well, but it needs new valve guides. I don't have the tooling to make them myself unfortunately. The third slide moves well too. I call this horn my frankenliberty.

I'm asking $1000 for the Kanstul burbank and $600 for the Frankenliberty.

Also open to trades for a flugelhorn.

If you're interested and would like to see pictures send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks for looking!