20 minute G spot?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jamesfrmphilly, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Wildman

Wildman Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2005
    Watch TV when you do it. Then it's easy.

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Thanks. Many thanks!

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    At the end of the day, only players that have already built up most of the necessary skills for playing have the time for this. Cat had his groove, breathing, scales, changes and range DOWN long before he started this.

Everyone of us has to know where we are tody and what we need to do to move forward. I can only warn about thinking about this method if you are only practicing 45-60 min/day.

Funny enough, those that practice 3 hours+/day, never ask these questions................... Ever wonder why?

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    They don't have a job? ROFL

5. The Kraken

The Kraken Piano User

Mar 28, 2007
    Gold Coast - 805
    The method you just described is exactly how I have incorporated it into my routine. My experiance is that by closing the teeth you get a fuzzy sound at first, then after some practice it clears up, now I can do third "C" and then I bring it down to "G" all with closed teeth.

Now with this method the thing that it has done is work the corners of my embrochure, they get very tired, do it for 20 minutes. It has built up those muscles.

On normal playing --- "I DO NOT PLAY WITH CLOSE TEETH, JUST NORMAL" The biggest benefit I have seen from this is that is has increased my Focal Point "the “hub” or center of my range" .

It's really hard at first but I'm persistant I guess and I just wanted to give it an honest try.

May not work for everybody, I just think its a one metohd that may or may not work for some. Not a cure all for playing soundly. This has become only one aspect of my dailey routine.

Anyway thats just my experiance.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I printed my Cat Anderson method off of the RODDYTRUMPET site

7. The Kraken

The Kraken Piano User

Mar 28, 2007
    Gold Coast - 805
    Good luck with it, that version is hard to follow!

I got the "The Real Way To Play the Cat Anderson Trumpet Method" by Geoff Winstead

Very clear instructions.

8. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    also... the name of this thread is mighty awkward... jus sayin

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Yea, I was wonderin' about that too. But hey, its up to 4 pages and the info I have gleaned is good.

10. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    true that lol.