2006 Boston Eclipse TrumpetFest 9/17 (rsvp by 9/1 please!)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrentAustin, Aug 23, 2006.

1. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    2006 Boston Trumpetfest, hosted by AustinCustomBrass!

Sunday, September 17
    1-6PM
    Melrose First Congregational Church
    Melrose, MA

Schedule of events:

1PM Registration and warmup (many rooms available at the location for private warmups)

1:30 Opening welcome and concert (special guests TBA...I'm working on quite a few leads right now!)

2:15 Play testing begins

3PM Clinic: Trent Austin: The art of versatility...from Bach to Bebop

3:45-4 Break

4PM: Concert by Trent Austin jazz ensemble

4:45-5:15: One-on-One question and answer session with Trent: Time to talk shop

The 2006 Eclipse Trumpet fest will be held at the First Congregational Church in Melrose as it has in previous years. This location is well equipped with many different rooms with different acoustic environments which works well with equipment tryouts. The church is also accessible by car, MBTA bus, Commuter Rail, and MBTA subway. Plenty of parking is readily available as well as fantastic restaurants only a block away. Melrose is approximately 7 miles north of Boston. For directions to the church please go to http://www.fccmelrose.org.

The fee for this event (including admission for all the events and concerts) is $15. This will cover room rental fees and musician costs for our guests/accompanists. R.S.V.P by 9/1 and the charge will be $10. For more information please email me at [email protected].

Please stay tuned to this post as details come in I will change the schedule of events.

Let me know if you'll be attending via the TM posts as well.
    I'll be looking forward to seeing you at this year's event!

Best,

T

2. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    oops I forgot to mention that all Students and seniors will be charged $10, not 15, regardless of registration date.

Thanks!
    -T

3. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    That will be a lot of fun!!!!!!!
    This is a great location to have equipment tryouts.
    I had an amazing experience last year.Just to go hear Trent play was worth it.

Felix

4. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Of course Felix you're more than welcome to come up and bring toys (uh, tools) to the fest! ;) hint hint hint hint ;)

5. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    I wish I could come.
    Family issues.I'll be locked up in that house for a while now,after the ITG.

6. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Bummah!

I'll miss having you around for the fest. I finally found the pics from our fest in December.

Take care!
    -T

7. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ttt.

Any people from the area gonna come? I have a bunch of college students already interested, as well some local pros.

I also have a great opening event (just have to confirm it) featuring one of my good friends and AMAZING (!!!!) trumpeter who has been one of the top trumpeters in town for years.

Best,

T

8. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I have it marked on the colander but I can't confirm yet.

9. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It' be great if you could come. It should be a fun afternoon of music!

-T

10. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Due to a few unforseen circumstances (including one of my clinician's lined up who celebrated the birth of his first child yesterday and a delay in shipment of inventory) and overall lack of interest I'm going to have to Postpone this Trumpetfest in September. I'll line one up in March for next year to avoid any winter troubles.

Sorry for the inconvience to everyone. If you'd still like to get together let me know.

Thanks again everyone and again I'm sorry :(

-T