2015 Trumpet Goals?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Tjnaples, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    Happy New Year!

I wanted to see what your trumpet goals were for this brand new year! Notice I didn't say "resolution" as they often start with a bang and end in a whimper! Goals you write down and make happen!! As a side note I do not promote unnecessary pressure or timeline for one's self, this is more for focusing an effort so to speak.

My goal is to settle into my new horn and continue to make as much progress with Adam as I can while being deployed several months this year.

Ok so that's mine, what's yours!?

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    No trumpet goals whatsoever except maintenance. 2015 is the year of the cornetto for me. I am performing enough that I have gotten VERY hungry about developing advanced technique and experimenting with 21st century music with it. There are no books about this and most of the teachers are historically bound....... I have some special plans though. We'll hopefully discuss it next year same time and place.

3. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    This will be a year with in-ear plugs, iTablaPro and halfstep bends!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I want my Harrelson Trumpet!
    That's all.

5. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    When is it due this year for you?

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    It was due last January. In November, this year I was notified I was still 20 down on Jason's list. I have a feeling there will be more New Years celebrations slipping by before I ever see my SWE Summit.

7. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    Ouch. We'll all celebrate with you for sure though when you get it! I can empathize on a long horn wait in case you haven't read my other thread. Stay positive brother!

8. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    And thats why I have never even considered buying a new Harrelson! Used is king!
    I had a big issue when ordering a trimkit for my horn! I asked if they managed to make one for my horn in three weeks! No problem they said! 9 months it took! I missed a top cap for my horn so I really needed it before going on tour! Luckily Dupac helped me out!

9. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    So - a Marine, huh? Well I'm one of those guys in the neighboring town that used to give you guys a hard time. >: )

Resolution? To make it to 2016.

10. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    A commitment to maintenance is a huge goal! The trumpet most assuredly is a perishable skill, very nice.