2015 Trumpet Goals?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Tjnaples, Jan 1, 2015.

1. RRVancil

RRVancil Piano User

Sep 24, 2009
    Littleton, Colorado
    Hey.......even a guy with Stargardt's can read this one. :D

2. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Rowuk...how about playing Giant Steps on the Cornetto :)

3. cfkid

cfkid Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    Geez Doc. That better be one special horn. In fact, it should be better than your Super Recording amd Committee combined.

4. cfkid

cfkid Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm planning to work on playing in the upper register, as opposed to working on range. I can play the notes, I'm just not so good on playing music up there. I'd also like to work on endurance. You'd think playing 6 sessions a day would help that, but maybe the sessions are too short. Anyway, good stuff to work on.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
  6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    It sure did cost more than my Super Recording and Committee combined!

7. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Playing trumpet is my avocation, not my profession. I am careful about trumpeting goal setting since I do it for enjoyment and stress relief. My goal for 2015 is to persist in learning and practice, and continue getting better, just as I have done since beginning my comeback 3 1/2 years ago. Best wishes to other TM'rs in accomplishing their 2015 trumpeting goals!

Jim

8. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    Just being a comeback player and picking up the horn again is huge. When you think about it so many people stop playing their instrument of choice after high school or college. I remember my high school reunion, so many friends that used to be in the band and play no longer did sadly.

Very cool to see you've stuck with it brother!

9. Flugel52

Flugel52 Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2011
    Central Florida
    My trumpet goal for 2015 is to be playing a bit better on December 31, 2015 than I do now :D !!!

Steve

10. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    1. Get a jazz trio up, running and performing. I've lined up a vocalist and just need to twist the pianist's arm a little harder.
    2. Write and record more stuff. Now that my part time college course is almost complete it's time to put the learnin' into action.
    3. Learn to drive my TC Helicon vocal processor properly. It's like learning a new instrument. The looping function is promising but needs more practice before it can be used for solo work.

There are a few more wannados but let's keep it real.