2015 Trumpet Goals?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Tjnaples, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Djmennis

Djmennis New Friend

Sep 25, 2014
    Cincinnati
    To love my trumpet more every day. My goals are to be better than I currantly am. And maybe buy a few more horns at my wife's dismay

2. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    This is a raspberrily funny post!

3. Joe Piggs

Joe Piggs New Friend

Aug 17, 2012
    Bogota, Colombia
    Hello evereybody,

Happy new year!

This is my first post ever on TM, I don’t think I could find a more suitable topic to post. My goals for 2015 are:

1. Do Arban from top to bottom, including the Carnival of Venice.

2. Get a decent recording system to share/review my progress.

3. Agree on a prectice hour with my wife and convince her to do something at that hour so I can practice freely.

Best wishes to you all!

Joe.

4. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Welcome to active participation in TM, Joe! Best wishes to you in your efforts to accomplish your 2015 trumpeting goals!

Jim

5. trumpetguy27

trumpetguy27 Mezzo Piano User

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    My biggest trumpet goal for 2015 is to take my company, SK Brassworks to the next level from modifying existing horns to producing and selling brand new horns. I have some very unique design ideas and am anxious to see how they are received. :)

6. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    My goals are to work on stamina and range, and to spend more time playing in my B, F#, and C# keys.

7. Pinstriper

Pinstriper Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2013
    Portlandia
    I want to improve my endurance, my sight reading, and range. I currently command G above the staff, and as long as it isn't too early in the rehearsal or a gig I can play up to B. I'd like to get to D.

Edit: I meant too LATE, not early.

8. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Welcome to TrumpetMaster, Joe Piggs!

Lots of great replies. But my favorite reply is from Djmennis, "to love my trumpet more".

My tongue-in-cheek goal for 2015 is to purchase as many mouthpieces as I can. I know the perfect one is out there somewhere for me. I won't stop until I have several draws filled with those dusty, tarnishing paperweights. I will do this, even though I know all anyone really needs is a Bach 3C. ;-) ;-)

Mike

9. Sidekick

Sidekick Mezzo Piano User

Apr 14, 2011
    London UK
    I am going to play more in public this year than I ever have before. I've decided to have a year of saying Yes to as many playing opportunties as I can.

10. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    My trumpet goal for 2015 is not to drop it.