2015 Trumpet Goals?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Tjnaples, Jan 1, 2015.

1. lipnutz

lipnutz Pianissimo User

Dec 17, 2013
    Get motivated to practice more and more effectively. As strictly a home duffer player and older fella, I hope to get back to a reliable high C so that I might someday be able to halfway decently play "Fanfare for the Common Man." Equipment: Calicchio 1s/2 and Yamaha 13b4. Any advice appreciated.

2. lipnutz

lipnutz Pianissimo User

Dec 17, 2013
    Just curious: Did you mean to say Lee Morgan rather Lee Marvin?

3. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    I would say I accomplished my 2015 goal! How did you all end up doing a year later?? I hope well!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No Harrelson. So my 2015 goal was not achieved.

Hopefully this will be the year, as of July this year marks 3 years that I have been waiting for it.

5. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    You are a far more patient and nice person than I am. I'd cancel any order as I'd feel left out in the cold by any company that treats its customers like that. So sorry to hear that! WOW

6. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Now that is very, very sad. Doc You are a tolerant man - there should be some depreciation penalty schedule built into a "build" contract - ( reduce 1% for each month overdue) that would certainly motivate them to build to a time promise. This is almost insulting to have to wait 3 years, when the first promise was 9 months - ?? or whatever it was. I cannot remember what you first said Doc, 6 or nine months? Things can change a lot in 3 years, health, financial circumstances, new innovations in design.

I would not wait 3 years for a house to be built, let alone a simple trumpet - even with all the fancy add-ons. Incompetence, or over-promising both deserve to be punished publicly, just to lift the Customer Service values in an organisation. I am not hammering Harrelson, but anyone that cannot do a job, should just not take the order. Total disrespect for the Customer IMO

Anyway, I hope you get your dream horn - this year.

7. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I believe Jason has had some pretty serious health issues over the last 3 years, hopefully he is back on track.

Regards, Stuart.

8. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    If true, then I sincerely wish him a speedy recovery.

However, In 3 years, you would think some contingency plans would kick in.... if the business relies only on Jason for every build then there is a bottle-neck. So the 3 year delay has a never ending story finishing time - unacceptable. I am sure there would be some deposit being laid down for a fixed price build - I really don't know any details, but this would shoot holes in a reputation pretty quickly. I hope he recovers, and gets the orders completed.

However, if he just does not like Doctors - well, I suppose most of us can agree, and we can all understand the delay. ;-)

9. just

just Pianissimo User

Dec 26, 2013
    Everywhere
    Practice more and better!!:D

Just

10. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    This thread is just under a year old. I was asking how this past years goals went. I'll start a 2016 thread soon :-)