23 bs ?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dean_0, Dec 12, 2013.

1. 22Bb

22Bb New Friend

Nov 28, 2013
    Thank you, yes it seems quite nicer than the newer horns. That's why I trusted hornucopia's dating in the end, overiding the directions the music store's info lead me towards.

2. 22Bb

22Bb New Friend

Nov 28, 2013
    I'm not sure what you meant about the Conn's bore size?
    I mentioned the bore's size, because the store that sold me my horn sized it that dimension, and because it matches up with other horns I know better. But I think you must have meannt someyhing else?
    I just modified my auction to reflect your comments here, in case buyers are confused too.
    Thanks for the info.
    Your jokes I won't look more for, tho. Maybe you all meant to be friendly, just your special unique humor style :) . Peace, young warriers :) . -Irene.
    PS - Early next morning -- Yes. The DENT is not in the lead pipe. After you pointed out so much at fault with my listing, I went back to eBay and took the auction off. It's not so good to trade if my auction offends so much. Maybe you are a relatively small group of people at TM, but I will enjoy fixing and playing the horn. Much much more :) than this :( .

3. 22Bb

22Bb New Friend

Nov 28, 2013
    I relisted kind of reluctantly. 2nd thoughts about selling, and so I revalued my horn to reflect my truer value-ing, rather than my first impulse which was to share an inexpensive fixer-upper like I have enjoyed purchasing at times myself.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  4. 22Bb

22Bb New Friend

Nov 28, 2013
    Best wishes to you, Dean :) .
    -Irene.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  5. Dean_0

Dean_0 Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    NE
    I do hope your not upset with me for spouting off? :-(

I really had thought i might get it ,but i do have enough horns , we do have a warped sense of humor here at TM ,and sometimes we forget that people who sell on E.bay are on here too. Speaking for my myself actually?:shock:

Anyway Welcome to TM and if I were you I wouldn't have sold it either ;-) I still am convinced the 15 B is a under valued horn .:evil:

Best of luck
    Dean-0

6. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I had a 15B a few months ago and I wasn't impressed by it. I think the 15A of that era is a much better beginner/student horn. Anyway, good luck with the auction - the silver-plated Directors usually sell easier and for more money than the lacquered ones.

7. 22Bb

22Bb New Friend

Nov 28, 2013
    Thanks Dean-O,
    I'm glad I decided to keep it too :) . I like this mystery horn!
    It had alarmed me that it discolored so oddly and quickly while in storage this summer+fall, and since I wasn't playing any due to dent, I was moved to sell to someone who might. But, it's going to be fun challenge to repair and learn some new skills for the future. And since I lightly buffed it with oil, it's staying clear and shiny now :) .
    And I wonder, maybe it could be coprion under the plating that made it discolor. This is a different horn than I know about. My experience is limited, and this is new for me, different than solid nickel-silver or (regular) brass with sometimes silver trimmings. Maybe I can test the inside metal with magnets rather than take the plate off to figure it out. Maybe 4 years from now I'll discover and return here and post!
    Happy Conn Christmas :) ,
    -Irene.

8. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    If the plating doesn't go into the depths of the bell, you may be able to shine a flashlight down there and see the base metal. It's tricky telling the difference between tarnished brass and copper, though, especially way down in a bell.

9. 22Bb

22Bb New Friend

Nov 28, 2013
    Thanks Dale,
    I took the auction down anyway, and I'll enjoy playing my horn again after I fix the dent instead :) .
    The different cornet and trumpet keys are interesting, I used to play a double french horn (holton-farkas) and the extra key was quite helpful and made a better sound for some notes.
    I should go in to my profile and list some horns for myself.
    -Irene.

10. 22Bb

22Bb New Friend

Nov 28, 2013
    Hi again Dale,
    I just saw your newest post. You must have been posting while I was posting to you, great timing!
    Wow - great idea! I have a snake pen flashlight, and I think I can polish down deep back into the bell. I have an image in my mind of polished copper and polished brass, from my memories. I'll get second opinions with visitors next week, too !
    Thanks,
    -Irene.