24 kt Gold Bach Strad 72 LW ML on eBay?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, Apr 22, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    $995 you can a near new Bach Strad with 25 kt. gold plate (Pro Tec case rather than the Bach case). Only a 5 day listing, and the seller takes PayPal (so there is some insurance in the transaction) and a "reasonable reserve."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3719612657

Sounds like a bargain .... I feel like I am missing something. If not mheffernen5 should look at this one (or a new ZeuS :wink: )

M&C

2. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I don't recall ever seeing a strad with a first valve slide "ring" or a ring on the leadpipe. And that pic sucks too, so I probably wouldn't bet on it.

3. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    Just looked at this auction...BIN says $875...NOT $995! Even a better deal!

Butch

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I have known lots of players who have decided to change the ring on their horns. Some like the U shape, some want a ring. Easy to do, especially if you are going to have the horn plated.

I had a request for a U shape slide ring to be put on an Olympus not too long ago. I would have been happy to accommodate the request. I am not sure why you would change the leadpipe hook to a ring.

And the Buy it Now price has been lowered. Hmmm ... but since he takes PayPal there is some insurance for the transaction. Maybe ask for more pics? Any way you look at it, this is an unusual horn.

M&C