Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Bear, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    I need help... I wanna kill myself.

I suck at my axe, I suck at everything, I'm in debt, I have no friends, I'm always gettin' in trouble for things I don't do or should have done, I'm fat... I could keep going but what's the use.

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Changed my mind.

-cw-

3. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    First off - Killin' Yourself is NEVER the answer.

Second off - Whatever is wrong with your life you have the power to change. It may not seem like it, and it may take a long time, but the power is within you if you just believe in yourself. And believing in yourself isn't just a one second thing. You have to keep believing in yourself, and keep pushing. It is worth it, trust me.

4. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Can I have your trumpets?

But in all seriousness, DON'T!!! Nothing can ever be so bad to take your own life. It may sound kind of silly, but whenever I'm feeling down I listend to the cd of the musical Avenue Q. 1) Because it's funny as hell, and it always cheers me up. 2) Because it reminds me that there are alot of other people worse off in the world. And 3) The last song is called "For Now", and it just reminds me that everything that is currently bad, is "only for now."

But don't kill yourself silly, thats silly! Be happy!

5. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Bear,

How can you even think that dude? You are a great contributor here. I always enjoy your posts. :-)

6. NickD

NickD Forte User

Bear!!!!!!!!

It is often the darkest before the dawn.

You ARE fine, right now. You ARE good, right now. You are valued, right now. You always have been. It just tough, sometimes, to SEE that or REALIZE that. Be happy, RIGHT NOW. You have that RIGHT.

You are absolutely the best at being YOU that anyone can be, and that is a good thing.

PEACE, man! All IS well.

Nick

7. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    dude, I've had times like yours. school, relationship conflicts, not having a good week on the axe, whatever combination.
    whatever happens, man, DON'T EVER TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE. call the
    suicide prevention hotline if you need to-
    1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
    Sometimes just plain suck. stick through it. there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, you just need to get to it. you will sooner or later. just don't take your life. every human is worth something, no matter what you think of yourself.

8. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Hell no, I'm being buried with them. In all seriousness, I'm too much of a chicken to actually pull the trigger. Someone PM'ed me and I got to spill my guts so I think I'm kewl for now. I got fired today for something I didn't do and it just overwhelmed me, I kinda need the money. But it's kewl. Thxs for your thoughts and prayers.... Sry to be such a bummer but y'all on this forum are really the only peeps I have to talk to. I'm kinda a loner.

9. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Bear,

Look on the bright side. You have pointed out all the things that are bothering you and you know that they are problems. Think about it for a minute. What can you do?

1.) You 'suck' at your axe.
    You can leave it alone for a while. Take a break. Come back to it tomorrow. Practice something that you really loved to play at one point....even if it's a solo you played in 6th grade!

2.) You 'suck' at 'everything'.
    You can breathe just fine, right? You can talk, yes? You are you. You can't physically suck at doing any of those things. So, no, you don't suck at everything.

3.) You are in debt.
    This is a problem that can be solved. It may take a long time, but it will be solved. Do odd jobs, look over your budget and cut things you don't really need, call up somebody to help you manage. Since I'm only in HS, I don't know too much about what to do here...

4.) You have no friends.
    Hello? What are we? Chopped liver? We're here to help you. You have people from all over the world that talk to you on the internet daily. Are you sure you have no friends?

5.) You keep getting in trouble for things you don't do/should have done.
    Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda. Those are in the past. You can't change what you did or do what you should have. Think now. What can you do now? Learn from your mistakes and move on!

6.) You're fat.
    Get up and go! Do something new....try biking or walking. Exercise not only will help your weight, it will also help your energy and your mood. It makes you feel good. It really does.

FEELINGS OF SUICIDE SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. CALL THE HOTLINE AND TALK TO THE PEOPLE THERE. THEY WILL HELP YOU, THEY CAN HELP YOU. TALK TO US EVEN, LIKE YOU HAVE. JUST DON'T DO ANYTHING RASH.

Bear, we all love you and want the best for you. Really. Don't do this to yourself. Please...if you need someone to talk to, someone to vent at, you can PM me. I promise I won't judge you or anything. I'm a very good listener, and I've been through these feelings myself. I mean it. If you need to vent, just PM me and say whatever you need to. It'll make you feel better.

Lara

10. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    My life in a nutshell:

-Grew up semi-autistic / A.D.D.
    -Undoubtedly the clumsiest kid in gym class
    -THE scapegoat growing up, i.e. the kid who ate worms on the playground and had his face shoved in the dirt
    -Probably more than 1,000 dirty rumors existed about me, including allegations that I grab other guys' crotches
    -One of the people who was probably labeled a possible person to shoot up my high school
    -Lived in a broken up, disastrous family, sister almost died, brother constantly abused me physically, and my mother usually ignored it while my father told me to shut up
    -Went through MANY bouts of depression

Those are just minor details on the surface of my life. Then somewhere along the line, I think I was just forced to suck up so much through so many years that I turned into the tough, stoic, callous person I've become today.

Bottom line Bear, been there, done that. I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel turn into an oncoming train, and I've still managed to truck it out even at a young age of 21. Why do I boast as such? I do because I'm every bit as human as you are, and if I've survived what I've been through, you'll easily get through this. If all else fails, your faith will save you.