3c Ouch!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by crowmadic, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I don't know; you'd have to ask the Big Bad Wolf. Didn't he try to eat her, too?

ML

2. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    I better keep quiet.............There is a joke with a double-meaning punchline that best go unsaid......

3. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    See "Into The Woods."
    Wilmer

4. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    Wilmer, What is "Into The Woods," and how do I find it?

5. Magnusverdixon

Magnusverdixon Pianissimo User

Dec 25, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    You play whatever works for YOU ... we don't all wear the same shoe size.

6. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    In "Into The Woods," The Big Bad Wolf sings about eating Little Red Riding Hood. She whips a knife out on him...........well, it is a Sondheim show.
    Wilmer

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hi Magnusverdixon!
    the problem with that statement is that you don't know if it works until you own it, but then you have bought it and if it doesn't work, you start over again. It is unfortunate that we have no objective measure of mouthpiece performance and comfort. It is not the mouthpieces fault. Homo sapiens are the inconsistent factor here!
    The divorce rate also shows how good people are at picking what works.............. The divorce rate among musicians shows an even greater need to get as much information as you can BEFORE making a decision!

Tell us why you use your mouthpiece!

8. study888

study888 Mezzo Forte User

Aug 22, 2005
    Darlington S.C.
    Hello C. Since you do better in a smaller size. You should give the Holton Heim #2 and the Heim#1 a try. They are on sale for $29.99 plus shipping. The # 2 is the med. Deep V cup and smaller rim size. The #1 has a deeper V cup and a Tad bigger rim. They fall between a 10 1/2C Bach to 7C Bach rim size. The rims are a little differant and many like the feel. One fellow posted on here or the Trumpet Herald. He claimed his playing endurance was doubled when playing on the Holton Heim #2. I play mostly cornets. And sold my Holton Heim #1 Trumpet M.P. to a very good Jazz player. He liked it a lot. And plays it on his Olds Super Trumpet. Sent me some sound tracks. And he has a great sound on it. You need to decide what sort of music and sound you like and want to play. You already know you play better on a smaller piece. Go in that direction with correct rim and type cup for the sound you want. You also have the smaller Callett pieces and your Conicial C cups on the Conn CKB mouthpieces. To me a conical mouthpiece feels smaller than rim size due to inner cup closing in faster like a V cup. So to me maybe. A 1 1/2C CKB would feel more like my Bach 5C etc. Just a opinion. Be careful. Like me you may end up on a mouthpiece safari. When just play what you have for awhile. And from time to time try something differant. That comes up for sale for half price or less plus shipping. This past year. I have been quite a business mouthpiece salesman on the T.H. Bought them retail plus shipping and sold off at Half plus shipping. What a business man I am. HaHa Hey I keep telling my wife and trumpet friends. It is still cheaper than fishing or hunting.HaHa Good luck

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007