3thd trumpet section of my community band

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Eclipsehornplayer, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Joe DiMonte

Joe DiMonte Mezzo Forte User

Apr 30, 2006
    Pittsburgh,Pa

2. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Hey Joe,

I'm glad to do it..

I come from a long line of grunts; I've just never been in service to our country! So I have a special place in my heart for veteran’s events.

Ft. Benning... Is indeed enough to make you sweat...

I remember thinking at a hockey game I was at down hear that any enemy of the United States better bring it's "A" game if we tango because our troops are some of the most dedicated and out right fanatical defenders of our freedoms that I have ever met!

God bless you; every one!

What brought me to this line of thinking was in-between periods the Grunts were all seated in the upper bowl started to shout at each other what I would assume was "unit" cadences? After a couple minutes of those they all (about 2500) broke into a roaring (U.S.A. Chant) that was like nothing I ever heard..

Just lifted the roof off of the Columbus Civic Center...

It was an incredible thing to experience.

And when you see these young men and women about town they are some of the softest spoken and respectful people you'll ever meet.

A real tribute to those who came before them!

I'll continue to support veteran’s events as long as I possibly can; that is my promise to all veterans!

Best to you Joe; and thanks for your service!

3. Joe DiMonte

Joe DiMonte Mezzo Forte User

Apr 30, 2006
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    Hey Joe,
    I'm glad to do it..

I come from a long line of grunts; I've just never been in service to our country! So I have a special place in my heart for veteran’s events.

Ft. Benning... Is indeed enough to make you sweat...

I remember thinking at a hockey game I was at down hear that any enemy of the United States better bring it's "A" game if we tango because our troops are some of the most dedicated and out right fanatical defenders of our freedoms that I have ever met!

God bless you; every one!

What brought me to this line of thinking was in-between periods the Grunts were all seated in the upper bowl started to shout at each other what I would assume was "unit" cadences? After a couple minutes of those they all (about 2500) broke into a roaring (U.S.A. Chant) that was like nothing I ever heard..

Just lifted the roof off of the Columbus Civic Center...

It was an incredible thing to experience.

And when you see these young men and women about town they are some of the softest spoken and respectful people you'll ever meet.

A real tribute to those who came before them!

I'll continue to support veteran’s events as long as I possibly can; that is my promise to all veterans!

Best to you Joe; and thanks for your service![/quote]

Thanks for your kind words and continued support of our troops.
    I was always concerned about the dangers when there's no draft.
    An all-volunteer military makes it too easy for leaders to send troops into harm's way.
    Like VIETNAM,the politicians saw or so they thought at the time,a chance to pull off a cheap victory against the Communist.
    When their initial judgements about Vietnam were found to be in error,there was no way to confess their error;without risking defeat at the polls.

As Yogi Berra once said: "It's deja-vu,all over again.
    Like Vietnam,the American backed Baghdad government is inept,corrupt and out of touch.

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war,no matter how justified,shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation." - George Washington

4. scream machine

scream machine Pianissimo User

Mar 26, 2006
    Woodland, AL
    When I was in 6th grade, The trumpet was as big as me! I was a little guy. That could play the horn well for a 6th grader.