4 Valve Bb ECHO CORNET TRUMPET

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RX-2Fan, Feb 5, 2009.

1. RX-2Fan

RX-2Fan Pianissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Tampa FL
  2. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

more and bigger is better...
    or something...
    :-P

3. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    I saw that a couple days ago too....
    Very crappy looking, the finish looks like the metal you see on your faucet-not even nickel or silver- very bad, and what is the point of the fourth valve? Don't buy it.......please!!:-)

4. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    That is an echo conversion but it is on a modern Idian trumpet an dnot a vintage model. I would love to have a vintage Echo conversion. The echo conversion use's a 4th valve to redirect the airflow fromt he main bell to the echo bell. the echo bell act's like a WAWA mute as best as I can describe it. We all know I am not the best writer! So unlike the 4th valve on a Bb trumpet this is not a 1/4 step or anthing like that it does not effect the pitch it completly changes the airflow fromt he main bell to smaller funny shaped bell.

In fact if anyone know'sa person that does that conversion today I want to know because i would love to have it done to my cornet! The one I heard once was a Besson with that conversion from the early 1900's and it was coolest thing I had heard. I was a young kid in begining band and some traveling clinic stoped and one of the guys that was part of the clinic had that old besson with that on it. I can remember it just like it was yesterday becuase I thought it was so totaly cool. So while I would love to have one I do not want one made in India although maybe to get the part's off it and use on my cornet.... It would even be cool to do that to a trumpet as a novelty!!!!

Indian trumpet's are well known to have bad valves that leak so much no one can play them in tune! Wynton could not play one in tune I am sure!!! I think the Chineese made trumpets are better made then Indian ones and that is not really a complement. Thanks for pointing it out. If that was not made in India i would have bought right this second you got me so excited at just seeing it!!!

Do not look now but Schwab and I agree on something!!! This must mean the end of the world is at hand!!! Let's see if he finds a way to contradict what I said!!!LOL Maybe he willnot notice I even posted here since I followed him!?!?!?LOL Back to my movie!!!

5. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
    echo_bell_cornets

This is Nick DeCarlis's site. He has done a few echo bell conversions, and is friends with Mark Metzler (who has also done them) metzlerbrass.com - Home

The Indian horns are pretty much junk, but the echo chamber from an Indian horn can be used in a conversion of a decent old shephards crook if you have your heart set on someting unusual like an echo cornet. I understand that this does work effectively.

6. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Great now I have to decide if I want a C cornet or a Bb with Echo conversion thanks a lot!!!LOL Not enough coin in the bank to do both!!!LOL I would have toget rid of my wife and kids and that is not an option!!!LOL But do not tell them that!! I think one kid thinks he close to being boxed up and shiped off to Constantinople if he does not start eating his vegtables!!LOL Seriously thanks those are great websites vntgbrslvr.

7. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    I wounder how that thing would play if you tookit and sent it off to Kanstul or ANderson's for a valve job before playing it? I know silly question!

8. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
    I know that Nick took one of the Indian horns and went over all the solder joints etc...I guess it improved it immensely, but it still probably doesn't measure up to an entry level brand name horn in quality of sound.

9. RX-2Fan

RX-2Fan Pianissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Tampa FL
    Yea i know Indian horns are terrible, but when i saw it i thought that that was the coolest thing ever. The chinese horns arnt that bad ( at least not the one my friend plays on) he plays on a Lark Bb trumpet, i played on it and it played as good as my bach, so i thought he must have the only good one in the world. but now i wana find a cornet that is not made in India and has the echo bell

10. RX-2Fan

RX-2Fan Pianissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Tampa FL