5 year old "trumpet prodigy" Geoffrey Gallante plays with Chris Botti

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by administrator, Dec 23, 2007.

1. administrator

administrator Administrator Staff Member

Jun 27, 2006
  2. brem

brem Mezzo Forte User

Sep 13, 2007
    Quebec City, QC, Canada
    That's it, I'm pissed off.

3. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    We have seen this youngster in previous threads. He is no different from Winton and Alan Vizzutti. Young students who have a great report with their parents can achieve incredible progress in a one on one teaching situation. It works great with an older sibling that can spend the hour a day giving a quality lesson.

Unfortunately, parents are not always the best teachers of their children. But, when you have parent that can teach, look out, the child will excel.

4. Toobz

Toobz Mezzo Piano User

Feb 5, 2007
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That kid has a great sense of timing and pitch already !
    I half expected some cutesy kid with just the most remedial skills.
    He's quite far along for any pre-teen.

5. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    were wynton and vizzutti playing at age 5???????????

6. TrpRobster

TrpRobster New Friend

Dec 12, 2006
    New York
    This past October, the Big Apple Circus was in the D.C. area. At the end of one of our shows an usher came to me and said there is a trumpet from the audience who would like to meet the trumpet players from the band. Johnny Hodges and I went downstairs where there was a man with a young boy. Of course I approached the man and said "So you're a trumpet player eh" he said "No, but Geoffrey here is". The father quickly gave us Geoffery's resume, which included playing with Maynard, Wynton, Chris Botti, The Tonight Show...you get the idea. Well I had to hear this kid play so I volunteered Johnny's horn and mouthpiece since I didn't have mine with me. The father had Geoffrey warm up very conscientiously making sure he was relaxed and rested between each arpeggio. Then he was ready to play a song. I expected Twinkle Twinkle or Mary Had A Little Lamb. Nope..he played a very swinging, in tune, beautiful rendition of Chattanooga Choo-Choo. He has tremendous natural talent and an incredibly supportive father. He will be a household name one day (atleast as household name as a trumpet player can be these days)