$50 to spend

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpetman67, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Arban's

2. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    I'd pay the shipping cost ROFL

3. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    Yes if you don't have Arbans and you're lacking areas in experience, Arbans is a great thing to get.

4. ManGo

ManGo Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2008
    London
    $50 of ChopSaver should last you :play:

5. Trumpetman67

Trumpetman67 Piano User

Apr 11, 2009
    USA
    Nice try!

On the other hand, I really should get the Arban trumpet book. Is there a book that has EVERY song in one? If so, where could I get one?
    Thanks!

6. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    I would get the Arban's book. get the Carl Fisher red cover version. Or you could send me the money for a lesson. :whistle:

7. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    If you want something that will contribute to the LONG LIFE of your trumpet, buy one of those valve protectors (that wraps around the valve casings). If you look at my list of trumpets (that is about half of what I have), you can see that most are rather old. Nearly all of them suffer from bad lacquer around the valves and some are so bad that the brass actually has grooves in it. The valve protectors keep the valves looking nice. They come in leather, vinyl, cloth and even molded plastic which I like the best because they are transparent and let the shine of the brass through and also they are the thinnest so they do not make the valves too wide for small hands (I don't know if you have small hands but this is for some who may have that issue).

8. Ursa

Ursa Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    Northern Michigan
    The Platinum edition Arban's can be had for $39, including a CD with accompaniment. You'd almost have enough left over for the Clarke studies.

For $50 one could go on a mini mouthpiece safari rummaging through a music store's shoebox full of used mouthpieces. You might even hit the jackpot and find a Mt. Vernon 7C that some unknowing woodwinds-only technician threw in there! Bring your own spray thingy of Mi-T-Mist just to be safe.

9. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Since you do not have an Arbans, then that should be FIRST Choice.
    The H&B mutes next...

Both should last a life-time.
    Cheers

10. Trumpetman67

Trumpetman67 Piano User

Apr 11, 2009
    USA
    Wow, thank you all for great suggestions! I am most likely going to buy the book, pretty much the best one I can buy. EXPECIALLY with a CD to help!:D
    Then I will look into getting that cool mute.
    Thanks again everyone!!!