64th notes ???

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Ed Lee, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Don't do it here! It's 20 dollars for every one over the limit, that would cost you $1,920.00. Can't pay, OK, your horn would be be impounded with daily storage fee of $30.00. Can't pay in 90 days, OK, your horn is forfeit and auctioned plus fines and fees due now of $4620.00. Not sold ... liens levied on your other horns, your cars, your home and your false teeth and toupee.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    :-o

Don't let Turttle Jimmy hear this... He would do ANYTHING to get his hands on a Martin Committee...

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    At $4,620.00 methinks there would be a stampede of sellers. I just lay dibs on one of your flugels.

OK, enough fun! Just don't drive at speed through Jackson NC ... the main drag, Jefferson St (US 158) and many other streets have a speed limit of 20 mph, viz what I've always called a "speed trap". Lordy, on this "main drag" you go by the Sheriff's office, the Police Chief's office, the Courthouse and the county jail ... you've not got a chance on the "moon" to be stopped for a "visit" and more likely a sojourn to whenever the Judge will docket your case.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    After being pried from my cold, lifeless fingers.

Who's talking driving... my post relates more to walking through the town playing 128th notes. What is the town's noise ordinance?

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    that is why I take 8th notes and make them quarter notes -- so I don't get demerits -- but the conductor to the community band ( a spry young man at age 65) always says --"speed it up people, speed it up -- you are playing like a bunch of OLD PEOPLE" ------meanwhile back at the band, the average age of our group is nearing 55 I believe