8yr old Geoffrey Gallante

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MJ, May 14, 2009.

1. JediYoda

JediYoda Mezzo Piano User

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion

Dude---Thank You for retracting what was appearing to be smear Geoffrey campaign!! Shalom!!

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I didn't retract anything - I simply clarified what I meant. Sometimes things get lost in the text when there is no inflection to help convey the meaning. :-)

3. MusicLover60

MusicLover60 New Friend

Mar 20, 2011
  4. dizzyizzy

dizzyizzy Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2006
    VA
    8, 9, 10yrs old....heck...he was DARN GOOD when he was 6!.

He played some of the local DC/NoVA area concerts and appeared with the Rappahannock/Mary Washington Univ Symphony when he was 6 and he was astounding then. The conductor took some time (in front of the audience) to "test" him and would call out a variety of "scales" and the kid knocked all of them out (and they weren't the easy ones of the top of your head).

He had just bought a new Bach "shepherds crook" cornet. I think he played the White House somewhere back around age 6, also.

Dizzyizzy.

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    lolololol...
    can someone teach me how to mimick Marice Andre or Wynton Marcellas ...
    rotfl

6. MusicLover60

MusicLover60 New Friend

Mar 20, 2011
    Geoff is on Facebook, but I haven't found any info there on his future concert schedule. Perhaps some day one of his friends or family members will set up a website for him with this sort of info. Or perhaps in addition to his musical genius, he has a bit of "computer geek" tucked away in him and can do it himself. Something like young pianist Emily Bear's site (www.emilybear.com) would do nicely.

7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    He's got stage presence too ....... scary. It's fun to close your eyes, imagine an adult playing what you're hearing, and then look and see. His parents are going to spend a lot of money on suits for that guy.

Turtle

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    He's too young to be scared!

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Yeah! Not just that he looks completely comfortable on stage, he seems to have a real sense of his audience ..... I think it's great to see talented kids, it's good for the music world.

Turtle

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    And method book publishers. Geoffrey Gallante teaches HIS approach to Arbans. You too can sound like a 10 year old! :lol::lol: