9/11 Tribute and Heroes

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by neal085, Sep 13, 2018.

1. neal085

neal085 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 6, 2012
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I appreciated seeing a lot of tributes and respect paid to the victims and heroes of 9/11 this week. I found this one particularly moving. The music is most haunting, and the images got me pretty well choked up.

I watched this with my boys, and we had a long talk about real world heroes - not Superman or Master Chief, not even Michael Jordan or Mike Trout. No, just ordinary people like the dude on United Airlines flight 93, who called his wife and said, "I love you, honey. I've gotta go - we have something to do."

First Responders who rushed to the aid of others, only to be crushed when the towers collapsed.

Ordinary people who dropped everything they were doing and put their lives on hold to help, to find survivors, to feed the workers, to bring water and supplies from all over the nation.

Anyway, I found this quite moving, and thought I'd share.

2. N1684T

N1684T Mezzo Forte User

Jun 28, 2016
    Such a lot of emotion and feelings from 4 minutes. Even has a trumpet player at about 2:03

neal085 likes this.
  3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I was in Germany and saw the attack on T.V. I was doing something else and at first I thought I was just seeing another disaster movie. Then I became aware of the unfolding tragedy. I was horrified but not moved, I suppose, like those in America.

A little later, I was driving down the street and heard an announcement on the radio of United Flight 93 crashing in Pennsylvania, and I knew immediately what they had done and sacrificed. I teared up and had to pull off onto the side of the road.

Those were real heroes.

4. N1684T

N1684T Mezzo Forte User

Jun 28, 2016
    Cannot hear "Lets Roll" without thinking of them......

tobylou8 and J. Jericho like this.
  5. LaTrompeta

LaTrompeta Forte User

May 3, 2015
    Was Colorado...now Utah
    Thanks for this. It's nice to see this after all the salacious basura I just read on TH.