$9000.00 Bach Mt Vernon For Sale for 9grrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
  2. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    :shock:

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Even if this was actually Herseth's horn. I'm not dropping 9grrrrrrr on it!

4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    His would probably be "worth" more, seeing as Jacobs tuba is worth $25, 000.

http://www.thebrassbow.com/gallery.htm

5. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    IMO...ALL of this guy's horns are way overpriced...especially for the condition that alot of them are in! He used to show a pic of a horn with about 20% lacquer remaining, 2-3 major dents, bell out of alignment, & describe it as near mint!!!! (guess pic was pre-fixing up!). He buys ALOT of them dirt cheap on eBay then pumps the price. He's as bad as hotdeal1smoko...or whatever he calls himself! Just my 2 cents.

Butch

6. Schwab

Schwab Mezzo Piano User Staff Member

Feb 26, 2004
    I agree. I purchased a low serial number L bore Elkhart C trumpet from the Horntrader last year. The photo looked great, when I got the horn it had been damaged, buffed hard and replated (none of which was disclosed to me). I sent it back after having it for an hour and he refunded my money, but it cost me shipping and a "restocking fee" that I wasn't told about until I chose to return it.

I'll never buy a horn from him again. Ever.

7. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    WOW!!!!!....I just went to his new site...his prices are more outrageous than ever!!! Must be to pay for the new site? Check this out....click on "cornets" at the top and check out the first cornet (it's a large bore Bach). Now read the description...NO dents nor dings????? Now go back and look at the pic...man this guy has nerve!!!! Maybe he thinks trumpet players can't see?????? FWIW!!!

Butch

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    ROFL

9. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    yeah...i was on his old site a couple of times, and the prices seemed reasonable. now they're just outrageous.

10. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Its funny they have the same two horns, except one is 9k, the other 1200...

Van