A final thought for 2011

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by GregMTM, Dec 30, 2011.

1. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I am not a physicist, nor do I pretend to be one. But this seem similar to fluid dynamics, where Flow = Pressure / Resistance.

If this is the case, then I agree with Gary, that the proposed equation should be a product.

However, I think "sound" and "flow" may be the same thing. So Sound = Flow = Delta_Pressure / Resistance.

But it the end, I think Chuck may be the most correct: Sound = Emotion - ( n x beers ). :-)

Mike

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Interesting: If we solve this equation for the function (amount) of beer we drink, then we have:

n x beers = Emotion - Sound.

So as the amount of beer consumption rises, either Emotion will have to become greater OR Sound would become less. I think as n approaches infinity (sorry about applying a little calculus here), I believe the Sound dependent variable would be most prominent, as infinity is approached, there is the consious state is lost, and sound would go to 0 (after we hear the thump of the limp body on the floor). Of course I am sure Vulgano Brother would disobey this relationship (as I am sure would have been the case with many other of his relationships). But it’s New Year’s eve. Let’s all go out and try to prove this equation.

[Disclaimer: Only for those of us not gigging OR driving tonight].

3. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Hey Gary. The equation makes sense when you solve for beer. I think Chuck is really on to something.

Mike

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hay Mike, at this point, I have had 4 glasses of wine. I'll take your word for it. Staying at home with my wife, watching DVD movies all night. I am in and out.

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR DR. MIKE!!

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Chuck's equation does take fluid dynamics into account. My equation didn't. My bad.

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Hope you doctors are awake and well when we come to visit. I came down with Chicken Pox at the age of 23 on New Year's day. Felt horrible (which everyone else wrote off) no doctors were open, being a weekend, and it wasn't until those dew "drops on a rose petal" popped out that I got some respect. The dermatologist I finally got to see after two days of pain openly wished he had his camera with him.

So can we get prescriptions from you for pain meds via PM's. It would certainly increase membership at TM, I am sure. Happy (safe and sane) New Year!

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No problem Vulgano Brother. I have done one better than that... I sent your Geodon and Depakote by FedEx, where at TM our motto is "We treat the pain by treating the underlying cause". I have also packed in multiple Ativan doses for those moments you are required to moderate on Kingtrumpet commentary.

May this make your New Year very Happy for keeping us in line, you've earned it!

[Disclaimer: No actual diagnoses have been divulged in this transaction so there has been no HIPAA violations in so posting - Already have 3 cases open with the Office of Civil Rights and do not want to have any more opened at this time]

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I find that horse linament is good for sore muscles,

horse linaments

and Bag Balm works well to moisturize and soften the lips so they vibrate well.

Bag Balm

(disclaimer: I am not a veterinarian, and this does not violate HIPPA laws since I am not a registered Doctor with any state agency, and I do not have a liscence to practice as such --- the use of animal lotions, medications, and such that are NOT recommended for human use, do NOT necessarily indicate that they have no use on humans --- do NOT ingest horse linaments, or take Bag Balm internally --))

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Stings like H*** on inflamed bruises, and the odor is obnoxious, but IMO it works as well if not better than many other products. It's been used on me after a day pitching and stacking loose hay when I was young and other occasions when I stayed at my Grandparents. Swinging a scythe all day makes wearing a belt pure misery afterward. What I wouldn't have given for a soak in a Jacuzzi those evenings, but I never heard of them then and my Grandparents certainly didn't have such.

Anybody use a Biotene product to maintain moisture in the mouth?

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    How could I resist NOT to respond to this as a Beginning thought for 2012:
    The fact that you use horse liniment now explains so much. I now know why you need to use the Asymmetric. And the fact that these agents are not recommended for human use also explains how you can get away with their use.

Thanks KT for clearing up so much as we head into 2012, the final year of our existance (assuming you believe the Mayans). Oh and for the record, for us humans, it is HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) that polices patient privacy issues for patient care concerns.