A final thought for 2011

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by GregMTM, Dec 30, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    no Jacuzzi's back then Ed, I am sure you like me had to take a quick jump into the swimming hole at the nearby creek to get a little relief from the heat.

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    HIPPA, HIPPO, HIPAA -- makes little difference to me as I am not a Doctor, and not bound by legal troubles as such. I use such agents for medicinal purposes, because they work better than any other medicines. Go figure -- just like a small dose of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) has eased many of my troubles with gout (a change of diet was also required) -- but my Doctor suggested (steroids) - although a prescribed medical solution -- I am suspecting the Holistic, healthy living idea has more benefits in the long run. I also don't believe in the Mayans having predicted the last year of human existence (or more precisely a BIG change in existence for humans) --and yet the Mayans apparently were unable to predict their own demise ---- and that extends to some other prophetic materials that I read (like Ezekiel, Isaiah, and jeremiah, etc) which is more informative, more realistic, and came from the one who knows the Beginning and the End -- but that is for another FORUM on eschatology, on another site, for sure. ----------------an that is a thought on 2012 -- look at the proliferation of nuclear weapons in the last 60 years -- the increase in financial insecurity worldwide, and the unrest that follows -- I don't discount troubles in 2012, but then again I don't predict the END OF THE WORLD ---just YET, anyhow ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Can you send more Avitan, please?

4. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Mmmmmmmm ... Geodon .... Doh!

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yeppers!

6. GregMTM

GregMTM New Friend

Jun 7, 2011
    My Lord, what have I done???

Thank you for pondering my simplistic trumpet equation. I am very amused how it very quickly incorporated emotion, padagogy, beer and drugs.:dontknow:

In its simple and intended form I suggested that Sound is what you hear, Flow is the flow of air and Tension is the tension of the lips. That's all you need to play trumpet.............;-) All sounds, good and bad are a result of the balance of the two. IN fact I find "bad" sounds more interesting and curious and are they really "BAD"?

I think I need a tranquilizer!!!

The first thought for 2012 (besides "OUCH, why do we do it to ourselves"):Approach TRUMPET Master with trepidation!!! :-)

Happy New Year!!!
    Greg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Greg,

TM 101
    Lesson 1 (2012),
    Don't step away from the thread. Keep your eyes on your baby.
    If your thread has any potential to get out of hand - then it already has ;-)

turtlejimmy likes this.
  8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Greg - I believe you posted in a general forum -- so we are entitled to get out of hand -- cause we do!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sound is the generation of waves that hit our eardrum, and send an electrical signal to our brains --- so we don't actually "HEAR" sound, but a generated sound wave that is transposed in our brains. Air flow is as controversial here on TM as mpc selection. Almost everyone has an idea of WHAT the air is doing (more, faster, slower, volume, warm air, moist air, etc) -- and tension in the lips is NOT always a good thing --- you need to hold a flexible aperture, but too much tension and you ruin the whole concept.
    I can't believe you simplified the whole equation -- just so it wouldn't get out of hand ---and NOW we got Physics, and neuron receptors that transpose the soudn waves, and air pressure, flow, and speed ---------------and tension in the lips ----------------WOW!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Gee, I just got to get to the bottom of this one.

[​IMG]

If we all work hard at it, then.....
    [​IMG]

Everything in life becomes simple and clear. Give me more clarity!!
    [​IMG]

Good thoughts for the new Year!!

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    half of the equation is "Liquor before beer, you're in the clear" --------and the other half doesn't matter does it???? OK the second half is "Beer before liquor, never been sicker"