A forum for our guys in IRAQ

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by orchtrpt, Apr 30, 2004.

1. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    How about a forum or a thread where we can send some support to our TM members risking their lives for our country in IRAQ. I for one wouldn't mind sending some ITGs or some valve oil or some music or whatever those guys could use. Maybe they would like some magazines or some socks or some CDs. Heck I don't know. Is there a way to contact them? This site should adopt that band unit over there and if there is any way to help them out lets do it. Is it possible to send stuff to Iraq?

2. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    The military frowns on "any soldier" mail for safety reasons so to address it to them directly would be best. Anyone who would like to send stuff can contact me for the address of Gary and the guys. I send stuff to them all the time and can also tell you what can and can't be sent. When I do give out the address to someone I ask that you not share it with people unless you know them extremely well. Again, this is for safety reasons. Thanks.

3. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Thanks FB. SO who else from the TM is over there. I'm not asking for names but can you give their username? Id like to know how many trumpet players we have got from this site there. Also can you give us some general suggestions as to what is allowed? What could the guys use? I'm guessing there isnt a Rayburn's Dillon's WoodWind and BrassWind etc in Tikrit!

4. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Right now Castle Bravo, Shofar Man, Jarrett, and Kevin are in Iraq. The band took enough musical supplies to last them for a year so music stuff really isn't an issue. Our supply guys in the band really take care of us. You are not allowed to ship any food that is not in an airtight container. Absolutely no fruit! Cookies and things of that nature can be shipped but need to be in a container. I know they go thru a ton of Q-Tips because it's one of the best things for cleaning sand out of a weapon. Books and magazines are really great as well. Any basic hygiene items are always put to use as well. Batteries can sometimes be in short supply over there. Babywipes are extremely helpful too. Really anything that can keep them busy during the down time would help. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Thanks for asking.