A good trumpet...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Comeback, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Dan,

Thank you for your comments, and you may be right! I sometimes wonder if I have at least one too many, but I suppose it has a little to do with what my intentions are. I am a comeback hobbyist. I spent nearly forty years away from the trumpet and am thoroughly enjoying my comeback experience. I do not play for money - at least not yet. My three Bb trumpets, two Bb cornets, and one flugelhorn provide me variety and much musical satisfaction. I also seem to be developing a versatile embouchure. It kind of boils down to different strokes for different folks.

You are right in noting that my three Bb trumpets seem like decent instruments; they really are in my opinion and I count myself fortunate to have them. I suspect I could be a contented musician with any one of them, but I do not have to own just one, and I am thankful for that fact.

Jim

2. demasla

demasla New Friend

Nov 9, 2007
    Indio, Ca
    Many of us, while accomplished players, are collectors, and as such, enjoyed the various nuances of our different instruments. For me, it's part of the enjoyment of playing.

Larry D.