A great weekend!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by schleiman, Nov 12, 2012.

1. schleiman

schleiman Piano User

May 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I went to the opera with my wife Saturday night and we saw Pagliacci. It is my first time to go to the opera. The musicians in the pit were absolutely amazing. All of them, there was a gorgeous huge orchestral harp, and the woman playing it was really good. The trumpets were astounding. The principal trumpet Robert Cannon had the biggest sound I've ever heard. When he played it sounded like 4 people playing, and the sound was to die for. Lively, energetic and it just soared above the orchestra. I am now pretty serious about wanting to play in a civic orchestra of some kind or in music for plays. Now I really am in the market for a C trumpet. Need to unload this Carol first though. ;)

On that note, I also had a concert yesterday with my community band. Our theme was hero music. I got the opening solo that kicked off the whole evening. I played it well, and felt happy. Great weekend filled with music. Hope everyone else is doing well.

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Wow My fave opera, I am biased I have played the second tenor lead role Beppe (or Peppe) depending on the programme/Harlequin Was it done as usual with Caveleria Rusticana?

Cav and Pag

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Same here. Had a great performance in Pittsburgh with my quintet. Got to meet one of our TM members from Spain, that came all the way to Pittsburgh via Cleveland, just to hear our band. He brought his Adams trumpet, gold plated, and insisted I play it so that he could hear it from the audience perspective. What a great full sound. I played on it for half of the tunes. Ended the night on an original tune that goes to the ozone, ending with a trumpet solo (or duet as it was) where I play my trumpet and flugelhorn at the same time. After I put my trumpets back on the stand, I found dollar bills on the floor scattered around my feet. Very appreciative audience (and perhaps a bit dis-inhibited thanks to distilled spirits).