A Great ZeuS Olympus testimonial!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Reverend, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    Here is a testimonial from a college student in Lubbock, TX! I think that it says it all!

Yes, I got it today around 5 p.m. and have yet to put it down. I've run a few paces with it and things seem to go beyond my expectations. The slotting is better than on my Callet Jazz with all it's tweaks. I'll let you know more by Saturday, since I have a few gigs Friday night and will be able to give it a good workout. But so far all I can say is wow and thanks. Take care and God bless.

T. Baird, Lubbock, TX (3/04/04)

P.S. Just reminding you to let me know when the ZFH900RL comes in.

Okay,

I had my gigs last night and brought the ZO (ZeuS Olympus) to run it's paces... First off, the guys really liked the finish. It is a beautiful instrument to look at. We played some big band standards in the first set and the sound of the horn blew everyone away. I asked the guys to play a little on it and tell me what sounded different and they said that the response was almost immediate. The tone seemed richer and had more core to the already huge sound. High and low register just flowed out of the horn beautifully. Another thing I personally noticed was that the tuning was not thrown off as much when using mutes... I still haven't figured out how that is possible but it's a cool surprise.

The second set was more modern pieces. My tounging has never been too great but I was able to have clean, crisp attacks when needed and also smooth lyrical legatos. It is definitely a keeper. Thanks for such a wonderful horn. The search has ended. I am looking forward to the ZFH900RL now. I'll be keeping in touch. Take care.

T. Baird, Lubbock, TX (3/06/04)

This trumpet major, who I met at the TMEA, has some serious chops, and plays a mean trumpet!

Our customers really do say it best!

Blessings,

2. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Wow

Hey Mom look!
    I got a reveiw on the net! LOL. Let me add one thing that I didn't get to email to Michael. This horn (ZO) can be played by amatuer or professional at any level of musical intellect and still be able to compete and beat the brandname monsters. I've had mine for over a month now and it still surprises me when I pick it up. Speaking of, next fall is my senior recital Mike, I'll send you a recording.

Tim

P.S. I have moster chops? That's funny, I still think I suck! lol, can't wait for that flugel. God bless.

3. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    Bear,

When a date is finalized for your senior recital, please let me know. If possible, I would like to attend!

Oh, and by the way, glad you are enjoying the ZeuS Olympus!

Blessings,

4. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Wow,

Hey Josh,
    ya think we're gettin any money from that sale?
    We did, after all, we did take Tim (Bear) to the Zues booth. :D

Jon

5. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Shut yer yaps!

Jon, Josh,
    I can't even get money for sellin' girlscout cookies so shut yer yaps! Anyways, I've been playing on the flugel for a few days and all I can say is wow, Zeus was the King of Gods in Greek Myth... I think trumpet Myth should have Zeus as king also!...

Bear

6. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Well yeah, who would buy girlscout cookies from a big ugly bald guy? lol

7. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Blessings,