A huge THANK YOU is in order...

Discussion in 'Horns' started by silverstar, Sep 12, 2005.

1. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    This week has been the most fun, exciting, interesting, and just plain cool one I've ever had in my entire life. I am literally in awe.

To Leigh, Radka, Shannon :), John, Karl, Jeff, Noel, and Trumpetmike....THANK YOU all! I've never gone somewhere so far from home, so different than where I live, and so totally strange and still felt like I was family. I've never in my life met so many good, nice, honest, hardworking, loveable people than I did in just a week. It's going to be hard to go home tomorrow. *cue the tears* I've learned so much in just a week...it's amazing. I can't even begin to tell you all how much this meant to me.

Now...about my baby. *drumroll please* She's gorgeous. Everything I had imagined. I have a scratch-gold MR bell Bb with my initials as braces and a small, polished star on the bell. She's absolutely amazing. She plays so easily and clearly and cleanly...her slotting is amazing. I'm in love. Pictures will show up in a couple of days...

Again, this has been the time of my life. I don't want to go home tomorrow. (Actually, you can ask Leigh, it was a pain trying to get me to leave the practice room at the shop! I was ready to buckle myself into the seats that are in there (the ones with seatbelts) and not leave.) Everyone has been so nice, so awesome. I can't thank you guys all enough. I really can't . *there I go sniffling like a 3 year old again*

I hope to see a lot of you at the ITG conference! (There's no way in heck I'm going to miss that.)

A very teary-eyed and happy girl,
    Lara

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    HA! I was right! :D

Waaaaaay back when, when you first won this thing and you had a thread about what you thought you might like to choose from, I suggested the MR bell, which is what you wound up getting. See, I have a thing about copper and red brass bells. I don't know why - I don't know if it is a sound thing, a response thing or a little bit of both.

As much as I would love to be in your shoes right now (except my toes would stick MUCH further out of those sandals! :D) I'm happy for you that you have a fantastic trumpet that is going to take you as far as you want to go with it.

3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    For those of you contemplating heading to ITG next year - the fact that Lara is going to be there is a major plus point for turning up. If I can use one of my favourite English experessions, she is a lovely lass.

It was a pleasure meeting you Lara, see you at ITG (you know what you have to bring, of course ;-) )

4. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    Where is ITG this coming year??

5. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    In response

I'd like to say that it has been a great pleasure to have Lara and her mother here with us at Eclipse.

I will be sorry to drop her at the airport tomorrow.

I hopr that we have been good hosts and that we have gone some way to make a dream come true.

I think i was just as excited to make the trumpet for her as she was to see it being made.

She is a very talented young lady in many respects, and i am sure she will go far in whatever career path she decides upon in the future.

She has our best thoughts and wishes to take back with her to the US.

We have so many pictures, i will try and get some of her horn up tomorrow for you all to see.

Regards

Leigh

6. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I know I've said it many times but playing an Eclipse is more than just having a world-class horn in my hands. Leigh is one of the kindest, warmest, and most talented guys in the business. What he did for my friend Karen and what he does for so many others (look at the generosity shown to Lara... wow!) make me truly honored to play his horns.

I hope that the Eclipse winners will enjoy making music on their instruments as much as I do.

Thanks again, Leigh, for everything!

Best,

Trent
    PS: I'll be in mixdown of the CD next week and will definitely send you a copy of the mix (woooooooo-hooooooooo!)

7. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Can't wait to see Leigh's handiwork!

Sorry I didn't get to come down and meet you Lara, but sounds like you had enough fun as it is!

Enjoy your new trumpet!!

8. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    It sounds to me like in addition to winning a fantastic trumpet,
    Lara has won the the praise and admiration of a lot of people in this country and Britain. She has also won many friends.

Let's thank Lara's mother for raising a fine young woman.

Congrats Lara!

-cw-

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    :thumbsup: Right on, Chuck.

Hey, when you going to post some pics of your satin Lawler for us to drool over?

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I thought it would be here today.
    That means it WILL be here tomorrow.

I'll probably put the pics up tomorrow evening in the HORNS section.
    Thanks for asking!

-cw-