A Kanstul WB

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Bourbon City, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I just purchase a new Kanstul 1600 from my local dealer. I notice that the instrument shown on the Kanstul web site has the initials WB on the mouthpiece receiver. My instrument has the number 1600.

Has Wayne and Kanstul parted company and is that why my trumpet has 1600 instead of WB? I've heard Wayne is going with Yamaha.

Is my 1600 still a WB without the initials?

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    The only 1600 I know of is the WB model with a WB leadpipe and a one-piece bell. Did you ask your dealer?

You have quite a collection of great horns!

Jim

3. King High

King High New Friend

Feb 19, 2004
    The ZKT 1600 is the WB. All of the receivers have been stamped 1600 for a couple months now, I think since about August, but it's the same horn.
    I still have a few with WB stamped on them if anyone is interested.

The change was made for a couple reasons, which is all I'll take the liberty to say.

Check on the Kanstul website you will see a recent picture of Wayne playing his Kanstul - at a concert with (Tribute to ) MF http://www.kanstul.net/pages/news.html

PC King
    PiCK Music
    (Kanstul dealer)

4. Kanstulbrass

Kanstulbrass Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    Part of the reason for this change was simply that we finally decided upon a model number - the ZKT 1600. In production however, we still just call it a "WB"

The picture is recent indeed; it was taken only days ago at the Stratospheric! event.

Regards,

5. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    Why did I think the the Bergeron horn was ORIGINALLY called the 1600....THEN was changed to WB? Now it's back to 1600? In fact the Kanstul website had made mention of the change to WB in one of their news sections on there site a few months ago.. STRANGE! :roll: Could it be that.....? 8) Oops...sorry! :wink:

Butch

6. Kanstulbrass

Nov 10, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    It was always just called the "WB" until Zig assigned it a model number about two years ago.

7. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    Charles,
    So then it went from WB...to 1600 a couple of years ago...to WB until 2 months ago...and now 1600 again, correct?

Butch

8. King High

King High New Friend

Feb 19, 2004
    Charles, I hope it's ok to jump back in here.

short answer; the model number was assigned some 2 years before the stamping changed.

to clarify (hopefully)>>
    The Kanstul trumpet in question has always been called a WB (and still is. unofficially referred to as WB since it was designed for Wayne Bergeron)

The model number ZKT 1600 was assigned to the horn about 2 years ago, (for my purposes >> ordering and billing)

The receivers had been stamped WB until just a few months ago, when WB stamp was replaced with 1600 stamp.

PC KiNG

9. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I thank all of you who replied to my question. I am satisfied that my new ZKT 1600 is the same as a WB.

I guess a great playing horn is a great playing horn no matter what it is called.

10. Kanstulbrass

Nov 10, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    No. No recent changes at all. Just the assignment of a proper model number two years ago. Zig wanted to add the horn to our pricelist, and gave it an Kanstul model number.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.