A Life change

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrassBandMajor, Dec 28, 2015.

1. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Sorry leaving to Korea on the 4th.... :(

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Ok - next time!

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    BBM, your post is not exactly news - it's been recognized for quite some time that the B&S Challenger is (depending on the specimen) pretty much a Bach in appearance, and better playing than the average Strad. :-)

I'm glad you got a horn that you really like, and finally a quality horn that is going to take you the next furlong in your playing career, however long that may be. You may wind up with something different in the future - either a new horn itch, or looking for a horn for specific kinds of playing, (lead/commercial) but you'll have a lot of great memories of rehearsals and performances with this horn in your hands.

At some point you may find that your honeymoon phase with the horn has worn off a bit, but keep us posted on your progress with it - I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it in the next few months.

4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    barliman - props, man, for being such a selfless host and giving some caring and qualitative mentoring. Good on ye!

5. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Now I wonder when (hopefully not if!) B&S makes a copy of the newer Bach Commercial Strad (have they come out with a copy of the Bach Mariachi?).

6. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    When I started, I got lots and lots of similar help and mentoring - when I joined my first brass band, all my tuition was given FREE! (thank you, Alex Melville RIP) - and I want to continue this tradition without taking the bread out of anyone's mouth.

7. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    Little snap of my New B&S
    [​IMG]

8. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Nice.....

But you know what I am going to say...?

I like mine better. And it fits in the normal B&S case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are a nice horn, will do for everything that you will ever need to play. If you need a change, just change the mouthpiece for the sound you want.

Cheers