A little angry.....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by prls1power, Sep 14, 2012.

1. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    So...I sold most of my horns, in the name of raising money for my wedding. Which was actually very satisfying, now that its all paid for. So I sold my beloved Bundyvarius (Bundy with strad 37 bell, strad #25 lead pipe) for a measly $200. I thought maybe I would get $300 (how much I had invested), but thats life. :oops:

So the dude that bought it told me how much he loved it and that it was in good hands. Now the guy is selling it on ebay, which doesn't really hurt my feeling, but the guy wants a BIN for $899? Plus he doesn't mention the fact the valve block is a Bundy, he says the lead pipe is a #24 not a #25, and says it has a "monster high register" ? Yeah, the horn played great, but the high register was really stuffy. Every person that played this horn agreed the high register wasn't stellar. So whats the deal? Oh, and on top of that, he reuses my pictures, showing off my hands and room. ROFL

How about a little honesty up in here? Some kid somewhere in the world who doesn't know any better is gonna get their parents to buying this horn. Someone is gonna get duped into thinking they are buying an authentic and cool looking Stradivarius for less than $1000!!

Here is the ad:

Bach Stradivarius Model 37 Custom Trumpet | eBay

2. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    MONSTER HIGH RANGE = high school kid begging for it.

3. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    Well, he did write "I believe" on it. But yeah, I think he is trying to be a little sneaky. First off, it's not a Stradivarius trumpet, only a Bundy with a Strad leadpipe and Bell, so he's kind of lying there. Oh well, I doubt he will get 899 he wants, and if his buyer is knowledgeable at all, he will pretty upset once the horn arrives.

4. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Yes very true! But still, I almost wanna hit this guy with a potato sack full of broken up cinder blocks. :evil:

5. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    The valves have good compression.....just a little " Bundyish ".

6. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Actually Chuck, the valve compression was fantastic! Probably an anomaly amongst a sea of bundys, but still the truth :-)

7. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    You may have legal recourse against the seller for using your photographs without your permission. Even amateurs own the photographs they take and can legal press claims for their unauthorized use. Even if he takes them down he may still be liable. Consult some of the photography sites--I like PhotoSig, check the forums--most have information about this issue. Anyway, you might even be able to persuade ebay or paypal to sequester his funds if he does sell the trumpet until your claim is satisfied. Personally, I wouldn't get too outrageous, maybe the other $100 you were wanting originally.
    I am not a lawyer! This is not actual legal advise but is based on my personal experience and knowledge.

8. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks for that, i'm gonna look into it!

9. mattc

mattc Pianissimo User

Dec 12, 2009
    California
    I'd be amazed if he gets any bids. It is clearly not a Strad. Even if it were--it's pretty high priced for the condition. His spelling is off too, which is never something that builds

Consider this Bach 43 Bb BACH STRADIVARIUS MODEL 43 | eBay

Lower price and no bids. Comparable shape to the untrained eye.

10. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    PM me regarding the unauthorized reproduction of your photos. No charge... :-)