A little angry.....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by prls1power, Sep 14, 2012.

1. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I love the look of lacquered Strads, the reasons why it has no bids is because the high school kids are running after the silver ones.

2. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    pm sent!!!!! :cool:

3. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    You sold it and accepted payment. It belongs to the other guy now. It isn't your job to protect the rest of the world from him. Let those buyers beware. You are spinning your wheels here and what is the point? Some photos? Who cares? You have either just gotten married or soon will be, and the wedding is paid for. Focus on the GOOD stuff and let the rest go. IMO, not meaning to be unkind, but this is a complete waste of your energy and a diversion from what really is important.

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Caveat Emptor! I don't have to worry about this as I've never owned a horn I would sell! ;-)

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Unless the photos bear the imprint of the little circle with a c in it and such has been filed with the U.S. copyright office, there is liitle legal action that may be taken for usage by others without permission. When you post a photo or anything else on internet without such, it's a give away of your creative rights.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  6. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I was bored last night and couldnt sleep, so no meaningful energy was wasted. But i totally understand what u are saying, and im not go completely out of way to pursue. By the way, not married..... yet :D i put alot of love into that horn, i can only hope the next owner will appreciate it for what it is.x

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I know this doesn't help much -- but as my neighbors got older, they had to sell their houses and move in with relatives, or old folks homes. They had immaculate houses with well manicure lawns, fresh paint each summer on the house and garage, flower beds -- and such ---- that they had kept going for most of the 50 or so years they lived there!!!!!
    After they left -- the new/younger owners were not so keen on the upkeep of the property, and occasionally the OLD couple would drive by to reminisce, and to stop in and say hello to me --- they often commented on WHAT A TRAGEDY it was to see their old place go downhill, and look so unkept!!, it sickened their hearts to see that.

My advice to them was ---- REMEMBER the time you spent in the house, raised a family, and cared for the property ----- you sold it, and you should probably NOT drive by it ----- just remember the good old days!!!!!!!!!!

8. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks, I feel a little better now :lol:

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    You could have a friend ask a couple of very pointed questions on eBay and see if he includes them in the description - thus exposing the "fraud". They would need to be carefully worded - but it's worth a try.

10. smokin valves

smokin valves Pianissimo User

Sep 11, 2011
    Blimey this guy does not know a lot... Replaced the 37 leadpipe with a 24? wrong both ways. A 37 leadpipe would say 37 on the receiver and a 24 would say 24 on the receiver. Only 25's are blank. Custom... Looks like a nice horn, but a shoddy seller, I doubt he has the chops to find out whether the horn has a monster high range. Anyway, that's my rant for today!