A lung biopsy?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mike ansberry, Feb 7, 2013.

1. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    Just got back from St. Thomas Hospital. They took another 700ml of fluid of my right lung. A month ago they too 1600ml off it. After they get my blood work back they will decide whether I need a surgical lung biopsy or just go to an ENT. (my sinuses are a train wreck) I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia in August. Had a round of antibiotics and felt much better, a few weeks later my lungs were a mess again. Back to the doctor and another round of antibiotics. A few weeks later the same thing, but I felt terrible. Made an appointment with a pulmonary doctor about a month ago. That is when they drained me the first time. Then two weeks of Leviquin some Prednisone. A week after that, here I am again. Getting kind of tired of this. Hope they figure it out soon. I have a feeling a lung biopsy will mean a while off the horn. I'll get trumpet withdrawals. Be Jonesin for some horn.

2. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    That's not good at all. I hope they get to the bottom of it. You need Dr. House!

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Depends on how the bio is done. They scoped both of mine and someway they retrieved samples. So, I'm now diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and that op was concurrent with a heart triple bypass. Within a few months I was back on my horns ... not where I was ... but I enjoy playing anything. Every 6 months I'm seen by Pulmonologist and Cardiologist in Raleigh NC, 112 miles from our home, and every 3 months I'm seen by Family Doc closer home. I'd expect that you too, would be put on Oxygen therapy.

4. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    Shrewsbury UK & Lanzarote
    Hi Mike

Hope they soon get to the bottom of your problem. Someone up there is always taking care of you. Hope you have a quick recovery. :grouphug:

5. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    Man, sorry to hear about that. I just got over a pretty bad cold and a resulting week off of the horn myself. If you wind up with any hospital time, be sure your insurance will cover for one of these:

[​IMG]

6. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    rofl

But seriously though, I hope you feel better soon!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  7. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and no repercussions or residual problems. Keep your spirits up

8. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Get the health issues attended to, and get back on track as soon as you can. I wish you a speedy recovery as well.
    Cheers

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Are you for sure your doc wants to do a biopsy at this pont? Has a CT scan been done first?

If you do go to biopsy, I see patients through many biopsys and they do very well with quick recovery. Is this endobronchial or through the chest wall? This can make a difference.

10. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks for the update Mike. We all hope you're feeling better soon.

I almost purchased one of these a couple years back. Something to play when my chops were too tired. I opted for a chromatic harmonica instead.

Mike