A lung biopsy?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mike ansberry, Feb 7, 2013.

1. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    That sucks man. I hope your problem gets sorted out and you get to feeling better soon!

2. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    Heard from my doctor Monday. He said all the blood tests and the tests of the fluid they removed from my lungs were negative. No cancer, no lupus, nothing. They don't know what is causing my problem. So they want to do a surgical lung biopsy. The doc told me it would not hurt anything to put it off a little, so I thought I'd wait till the first week in April. I'm pretty busy at work and gigging until then. My wife is totally P.O.ed. She says I should use good sense and get it done right away. Maybe she's right. But it means a 3 day hospital stay and a two week recover period.

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Think of your decision this way, a few gigs now and zero later ... possibly nothing at all later as others pass by and glance at your tombstone and mutter, "fool" or other words to that effect.

So, I was over a month in the hospital and it was several months before I picked up a horn following that ... but I'm still alive now and don't expect to die until sometime long after tomorrow.

4. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Kind of tempted to side with the wife... But then I'm a cancer survivor (2 years clean!)

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    As we Aussies would say, "B*gger, not much of a choice". As my Granny would say, "A stitch in time .... ".

6. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    I know it sounds like a very trivial thing; but try inhaling pure eucalyptus oil (three to four drops in a pint of hot water, and keep everything under a towel) four or five times a day. That will dry off some of the fluid, and will help your sinuses (it worked for me). Even if it's no cure, it will soothe your tortured sinuses. Good luck!

7. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Wife is right. So glad the biopsy is clean.

8. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I don't think this is a good idea without checking with your doctor. I think inhaling random chemicals or oils is likely to either irritate your lungs or cause an infection or allergic reaction. Please don't take random medical advice from the Internet.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    here MIKE let YOU answer YOUR own question --- IF YOUR WIFE HAD THE PROBLEM WITH HER LUNGS ---- then what would YOUR advice be to HER??? wait, or go get the biopsy ------ YEAH LOOKS LIKE A GREAT THING TO GET IT DONE NOW - doesn't it????

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    It isn't at point with me, having been married 45 years, but I feel certain my wife would kick me out of the house and divorce me if I didn't do as my doctors suggest. Too, I'd have to find my own hole in the ground (I've got three alternates).