A musical question...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ewanmains, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Not a ballad, but I like the hymn "It Is Well". Just kinda speaks to me. Still trying to get back into things and haven't got to do much ballad wise......Buck:oops:

2. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    I like his feel for the tune. The first time I heard Wynton play it I had to play it over and over. I found a copy of it and down loaded it. I can't make it sound the like he does. I am a real fan of the jazz standards and ballads.
    -Bobby

3. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    I really love "The Nearness Of You" because my wife sings it and she has a really sweet voice. But my favorite ballad to perform is "What A Wonderful World" because of the audience reaction. We have a great arrangement.

4. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
  5. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    I know it's a clarinet piece, but Stranger On the Shore has always been a favorite; but lately I've been playing Somewhere Beyond the Sea a lot lately.

6. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2009
    Colorado Springs

7. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jazz- "What will I do". It is a great melody, that is very versatile it can be done well being sung or played.

Classical- "Nessun Dorma" the chords and the message really compliment each other, and the climax is perfect.

8. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Just have to mention my favorite version of Stardust - it lives on my ipod permanently. Willie Nelson - he really phrases beautifully! He makes me think of Billie Holliday - not the best voice, maybe, but phrases in a way that makes it all worthwhile! :)

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Against all Odds - Phil Collins

a long lost love..................... sigh