A new Eclipse?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by camelbrass, May 14, 2005.

1. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
  2. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Must be top secret, haven't found it on the Eclipse website! But the description leaves a lot of questions: Bore size? Integrated valves and mouthpiece? Bell type?.... :cool:

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Too bad the guy didn't enter the contest! (or maybe he did?)

4. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Hmm, ebay might be a good idea to sell my Magic Mind Horn in order to get the money together for my MR Eclipse??? So, Toots, you're REALLY sure you don't want to buy it? Last chance! I'll put even your initials on it for free!!! :lol:

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Frank, I'm tempted but I don't think I could afford the shipping costs.... the price DOES include the wearer, does it not?

6. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Haha! :lol: No, sorry to say, it doesn't include the wearer. :-(
    BUT: It includes the setting up by a master technician (...), who will fix the thing with a nice hammer drill on your head. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt... hmm maybe a little, but only once. :evil:
    The tricky thing is to find the right brain areas, provided that...

And the shipping is not that expensive... :D

7. music matters

music matters Pianissimo User

Apr 26, 2004
    ON Canada
    Now that made me laugh Trevor! Trust those Geordies!

On another note get a hose pipe, sellotape a plastic funnel to the end (sort use for cooking) put your mouthpiece on the other end and....

hey presto - a trumpet! You can get whizzy effects too - play it while spinning the funnel around - children always love this!

Graham.

8. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Graham,

Didn't you go to university up there? That explains lots and lots.

I've always wondered why your students have that 'dizzy' look..now I know!!

Regards,

Trevor

9. music matters

music matters Pianissimo User

Apr 26, 2004
    ON Canada
    Hi Trevor,

Yes I went to university in the north east. I'm not sure whether it's the students or me who has the dizzy look though!

I wonder if I got a large bore hose pipe it would sound better and be more open and have better response? I have seen some larger funnels at the supermarket too so I might save up for one. Anyone out there upgraded from a small bore hose pipe with small funnel to large bore with large funnel I would like to hear how you think it plays in comparison as it will help me make my decision.

They come in different finishes too and I am unsure which one I should get - I like a big fat full sound - anyone know whether the green or yellow hose pipe would suit me best?

Graham.

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!