A New Quarter Tone C Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetsplus, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Piano User

Nov 22, 2003
    Gainesville, Florida
    This DID however get me to thinking how relatively easy it should be to add a valve similar to this but set it up to drop the horn a fourth like a pic... now THAT could be useful on a Bb or C. :)[/QUOTE]

This has already been done many years ago. Check the ITG archive journal articles and pics. Always thought it would be a wonderful horn to play.

The Courtois 4-valve flugel is this type of set up as well.

Bill Dishman
    Gainesville, Florida

2. 5_Valve_Trumpet

5_Valve_Trumpet New Friend

Aug 2, 2013
    Arizona
    I built a five valve trumpet that plays in C, D, D-flat, and B-natural. I had no previous experiencing building trumpets, but learned from some great people. I started building it in May of 2013 and finished the build in August of 2013.

It has a Blackburn leadpipe, Blackburn tuning slide, Bach slides, and Czech rotor valves that match the bore size.

bryan%20ewing%205-valve%20tpt____.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/ohc5f36

trumpetsplus likes this.
  3. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Nice job Bryan!!!

Welcome to ™

4. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    Currently I have my old C trumpet pulled apart. I will be putting a short D bell on it and adding the ascending rotor to the bell tail. This will give me the option of adding a fifth valve to the lower tuning slide receiver, which could either be a half step like Bryan's design picked up by Hickman or, like Merri Franquin's design, a minor third to get the low Eb concert.

Endless possibilities. I just love the fact that we can do all this stuff with bits of tubing and NO electronics!