A place for people to watch as you practice!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Patric_Bernard, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    There is such a place. Stickam.com.

Its pretty much an instant messenging service with webcam and microphones. We could practice and have people observe us and tell us what we need to work on. There is a way to do lessons online... to an extent.

All you do is go there, make a screen name, and you can talk with other trumpeters or even just other people. It really is cool. I'm on there practicing all the time.

My screen name is BrassDrummer.

Finally, a place for us poor people to get good instruction.

2. Jude

Jude Piano User

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantastic. Now while you practice playing, I can practice teaching.

3. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    woot definatly. That would be awesome. and you could have teachers teach you on how to teach better while your teaching me :D

4. Jude

Jude Piano User

Dec 2, 2007
    That might be expecting a bit much of the kindness of strangers - I'm the only recorded example of a student being expelled from a course for training teachers of English as a foreign language in all of Prague, maybe the entire CR. I could probably best my record of incompetence by teaching something I know as little about as I know about trumpet, considering what I could do ("commit" was the word used, as I remember from my exit interview) at the Caledonian School (Prague 5, Vltavská 24) with English.