A Poll of our fellow trumpetiers

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, Mar 5, 2010.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Who is your favorite world class corps? and why?
    My personnel ones are between the cavies, coats, and crown, then everyone else.

2. lemmon13

lemmon13 New Friend

Mar 7, 2009
    welll i am a hardcore cavis fan but i'd have to say i do really like the bluecoats and CROWN after there 2008 and 2009 shows. crown has come a long way in the past few years and i think they will do awesome this year. I feel like i could go on with all of the world class corps they are all amazing. :thumbsup:

3. missmybaby

missmybaby Pianissimo User

Sep 27, 2009
    Detroit Metro
    SCV just oozes class and tradition. I'd also like to see the Scouts get back in the mix.

4. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Interesting question.

You know something crazy. Never have a played in a corp., or Marching Band. So, I really don't have an answer.

Sorry, juet felt like typing

5. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Cavvies, Scouts, Phantom (for the last 30 yrs or so) Later years I have enjoyed the Bluecoats, Glassmen, Colts, Troopers, Boston Crusaders, Blue Devils, Cadets, SCV and other suprises, whether seen on tv or personal shows here in Kazoo.

6. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    The Bluecoats are based here in my town. Was attached to them for just a bit, until life got in the way. One of their earlier directors was my band director in high school ( Neil Williams).........Buck:oops:

7. missmybaby

Sep 27, 2009
    Detroit Metro
    Gimme a G!

On a side note, Bb is weak. I want bugles back, 3 valves is fine, but Bb?!!! I'm not even going to get into amplified electronics, grrr...

8. missmybaby

Sep 27, 2009
    Detroit Metro
    Oh, and Glassmen really need to bring back "Just a Gigolo" as a retreat/parade tune...
    =)

9. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Oh yeah, despise electronics! Hopefully when I get in college with a job an allIll be able to afford it, btw with DVD in scouts Ill expect alot from them, and they are goin back to the retro uniforms.

10. missmybaby

Sep 27, 2009
    Detroit Metro
    Are you marching this summer?
    Hope you're not spending it brushing up on Chem...
    ;-)
    Check out 88 Scouts Malaguena. Sick. They shot up 7 or 8 place to win their rings that year. Awesome.