A Public Thank You to Manny....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PhatmonB6, Jul 25, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Again Manny I want to thank you for the 90 minutes you spent with myself and Brigitte. It was a lesson we will never forget and will grow musically from it. It was all she talked about on the way home. Also, I never realised how important voice (singing) is realted to playing an instrument something I never even considered. I felt comfortable singing in front of you though. So thanks for helping me get over my shyness when it comes to singing. We absorbed so much from the time we spent with you than all the lessons put together we took at the local music store. Yes, we did learn from the lessons we took there, but it was more just read the notes and ok see you next week, with you it became an art form, it made playing the trumpet seem more eloquent. When you played my trumpet I honestly did not think I would ever hear it played or sound so beautiful, it was something we both talked about also on the way home. Thanks for playing the duet with my niece and also thanks for playing the Bolero with me I know I need some work but it was alot of fun. I want to apologise for Brigitte pulling out song after song after the lesson was already up but I was just as excited to hear you play them too!! I was just trying to keep that mature attitude about the whole thing. We we wll take everything you taught us to heart and apply it to our practicing. And hopefully sometime in the future we can get together and do this again.
    Sincerely,
    Robert and Brigitte :grouphug:

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    And so, we will. My pleasure all the way. G-d bless.

ML

3. old geezer

old geezer Pianissimo User

Dec 26, 2004
    Indianapolis,In.
    posts like the one above just re-assures me that there are many good human beings in this world. a great player spent time with one of us mere mortals and proved that on top of being a terrific player he is also a terrific human being. I have met several players that came to Indy and had plans to take over the town and looked down on the rest of us, one subbed in a big band I was playing in and when I complimented him on a solo he took he gave me an extremely rude remark. he left half way through the job saying that people needed to pay to hear his playing [he knew it was a freebie when he accepted the job]. hats off to Manny. old geezer Dave

4. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Darnit Manny... y ya gotta be so far away?! :x