A question about dating...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Annie, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    Hey, to anybody who is pretty good with relationships,

I haven't had a date in nearly 4 years. WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG?

There was this one guy that I thought that I was going to start seeing, but I think I scared him away. He hung out at my room one night (no, nothing happened), and then we went canoeing. He hasn't called me since, and I just called him tonight because I didn't know his last name and I wanted to put his number in my address book (Yeah, good reason to call him.) He asked me how band went, and after I answered I asked him how he thought his classes were and he seemed like he liked his classes and he asked me about mine, and I mentioned how mine seemed to be going well and that I thought philosophy might be fun (the teacher really seems to have a lot of respect), then he mentioned how it's all about respect until you turn in the paper, then I made a crack about how the teacher is from a different country (I'm guessing, from his heavy accent) and probably isn't quite as disrespectful as a lot of Americans. Then he said he had to go. He didn't invite me to go anywhere or anything, and we said bye and we hung up.

Am I jumping the gun here in thinking that I probably don't have a chance with him, or that he's thinking of someone else? He did ask me what I was doing right now, and I just told him hangin' out in my room not doing much (Kind of like an open invitation if he wanted to do anything - and he didn't say anything!) He did end up paying for the canoe thingy, and driving there, I offered to put money towards it, but he said I didn't have to, that I could pick it up the next time.

Thanks, sorry for my griping.

2. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    How old are you. I need to know the age group we are dealing with here!

3. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    Sophomore in college...

4. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Ok, seeing as I'm a sophomore in college (who also hasn't had a date in forever), I'll give it a shot.

How best to put this...um...you're not jumping the gun, Annie. First, he never called you. Second, the conversation you described. He just made small talk, and then finally had enough and hung up. He was trying to be nice, which I guess is admirable. But the truth is that he has little if any interest. If he did, he would have come over to your dorm the second you said you weren't doing anything. My advice is to forget the guy and keep looking.

5. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Amen Aggietrumpet, there are other fish in teh sea. Oh yeah Mr. Aggie. Hope you're ready for me. I'll see ya on the feild at the Tech vs. A&M game brother. Peace.

Tim

6. bigaggietrumpet

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Sadly, you won't. I'm no longer in the Corps (and therefore the band). It started to interfere with my grades and the grades have to come first. So I'll be watching (provided I can pull a student ticket...)

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Speaking of "fish in the sea"... maybe if you hadn't whacked him across the back of the head with the paddle and sent him oveboard....... guys are sensitive that way... he might have taken it the wrong way.

:)

Jess' funnin' ya. Believe me, when it's ready to happen it'll happen. Be thankful you don't have too much excess baggage right now.

8. bigaggietrumpet

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    As hard headed as we can be, I don't see where that would have phased him... :lol:

9. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    I probably should have done that...

10. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    ya never know......he might have liked it :lol: