A question about trumpet mouthpiece intensifiers

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Lezwoymn, Nov 29, 2007.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Patric,
    we are not talking about "megatones". Those are heavy mouthpieces designed to be heavy. Their use is controversial, just like any mouthpiece discussion is.

We are talking about weighted sleeves that fit over conventional mouthpieces to make them heavier.

Whether or not your tone is "amazing" with or without a megatone is an issue best left up to your audience. We have a saying in Germany: "Eigenlob stinkt".

2. PianoProdigy

PianoProdigy New Friend

Nov 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    what kind of mouthpiece should a beginner like me use. my friend gave me a bach 1c. is that mouthpiece good???

3. Lezwoymn

Lezwoymn Pianissimo User

Oct 11, 2007
    Long Island, NY USA
    TY for all your input. I was just wondering. I have no problem with projection at all. I was just wondering why they're out there. I love playing in the kitchen with the accoustics.

4. Lezwoymn

Lezwoymn Pianissimo User

Oct 11, 2007
    Long Island, NY USA
    most beginners start with 7c. A 1 would be for someone who's very experienced.

5. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    Ahhhh ok. I get cha now.

About my tone. I'm sure you've heard American Elegy by Frank Tichele. (sorry if I mispelled his last name) Anyways, I think the both the audience and the band decided after I played that with tears and a standing ovation. I just wish I had a decent microphone so I could record without having to wrap my mic in socks and towels.